Sunday, December 11, 2011

9 days left and christmas cheer


This post had the potential to be a good post, but then Word decided to take extra long on loading, a minute to be precise, so now I cannot say that I started writing at exactly 11:11. Even though I am not starting at 11:13, I will try and redeem some points with what I am about to show and tell.

As you may, or may not, know, this is my final full week in Firenze, Italia. Bittersweet feelings have begun to wound up inside me. I am desperately excited to be home with my ever so sweet family, but I do not want to leave all this magic behind. The rest of my stay is pretty much already planned out. Here is my schedule:

Monday (tomorrow): In the morning, I need to skip my little buns over to the photograph printing palace to get my final prints printed. (I dare you to say that ten times fast.) I went on Friday, but for some reason my thumb drive would not work in their system, so I am going back for round two. After that, I have Italian Language class.

Tuesday: Bright and early at ten o clock I have my final Italian Art History class. This is where I will take the final exam (wish me luck) and say goodbye to the sweetest little teacher ever: Linda. I will miss her dearly. Then, I have my photography final critique, which is a piece of cake. Later that night, Felix and Isabella are coming over for dinner. It is so hard to say goodbye!

Wednesday: I will take my final for Italian Language. I am pretty sure it is going to be a hard one, but I will go in there and do my best. One thing I am positive about is that I will NOT miss Nicola’s teaching, but I will miss his character. What a funny man.

Thursday: If all goes to plan, I will not have a photography class today. It is the pack and clean the apartment day! Woot! I feel like it is going to be emotional. The three of us (Joanna, Rachel, and I) are going to go out to dinner for a little “last supper” kind of thing. It is weird to think I will never see these girls again.

Friday: I have my Cinema final, which should be easy peasy lemon squeezey. (KNOCK ON WOOD.) And then it’s the finishing touches before departure.

Saturday: Everyone leaves. I have to leave the apartment before 12:00 where I will then proceed slowly to my hotel across the river. Becca flies in later that night!!

Sunday: Show Becca my city.

Monday: Show Becca my city and get to bed early.

Tuesday: COME HOME!

What a week to come! Strap on your seatbelts folks. It is going to be a rollercoaster!

Now lets talk about Verbaledudette’s Gift Guide item number eleven: Candiware



This gift is for all the ladies who love food. I do not know about your friends/girlfriends, but if they are anything like me, they love a food experience. And why not celebrate this love of food by wearing it as a beautiful accessory! Did I mention they are scented!?

Where to find this: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CandiWareJewelry
Price: $12.00 and up

Speaking of Christmas! I took a little walk through the city tonight. Every street is lined with lights and decorations, take a look:













The city is breathtaking. It is like walking through a Disneyland Christmas! This has been a productive day for me and I am exhausted. So, now I bid you goodnight! Have a wonderful rest of your evening. I miss you and love you.

Xoxo

No comments: