Tuesday, December 13, 2011

And while we are on the topic of mustaches…


Oh what Tuesday this one has turned out to be. First of let me tell you that my hair looked fabulous today. At least I thought so. Last night, I slept with my hair in a fishbone braid. When I took it out twelve hours later I had the sexy beach hair every ocean lover wants. What a great day to start my morning. The second eventful thing, after eating my yogurt, was taking my Italian Art History Final. Five different print outs of pieces of art were placed before me. For each one I had to identify and explain the piece, and then there was a second question that had to do with the detail of either the artist or the style of the piece.  I feel like I did all right, but it was the best I could do, so I am satisfied. (I also had my Photography Final Critique.. but that was a joke. Everyone loved my work. Actually everyone loved everyone's work. Charles just talked mostly. He does that often.) 

Today in the streets of Firenze there were wild protests. I do not know what these men were fighting about, but the city is on edge. There were helicopters flying around (this is really rare) and I was surrounded by men in uniform with bats, and helmets with face masks running to “designated protest areas.” It was exciting. If I get any news on what exactly was going down, I will inform you. Currently the rumor is something with a neighboring African country…. But that has not be confirmed. Don’t worry mom, I am safe and sound.


Isabella and Felix came over for dinner tonight. For those of you who do not remember, they are my two friends from the break dancing group. We had a delicious pasta dinner (surprised?) and then played a few rounds of the card game Spoons and finished with a great game of Bullshit. There were lots of laughs. I am going to miss those two.

We finished the night (when I say we, I mean Joanna and Rachel and I) by watching the film The Truman Show. It is hard to explain. I suggest you look it up. Watch it. Then watch it again. It was a mind blower.

Verbaledudette’s Gift Guide Item Number thirteen is: Something that is off the market: The Parmesan Cheese Pencil Sharpener.



(Just so you know, before this I wanted to put a copy of FUKT magazine on, but I could not find if you could purchase it! Is it an online only thing? This gift thing is a disappointment. Look at this link http://www.fukt.de/ and tell me if you can find a price. Who knew trying to play Santa’s helper could be so darn frustrating.) I give up. Listen folks, I have been collecting cool things for the passed two months and the last few nights I have become heart broken when the truth about these objects come out. I was thrilled to find this product. A pencil that shaves off cheese is genius! I was excited to show you this wonderful device. It’s unique, it’s classy, it’s fun, it’s artsy, it sold out completely after the first two weeks of sale time and the Germans are not making any more. What kind of world do we live in!?

Where to find it online so you can at least look at it: http://jazarah.net/meet-the-parmesan-cheese-pencils/
Price: Haha. Funny.

Let’s try this again. Today’s gift item from your favorite blogger is: TOO EXPENSIVE FOR YOU but I have to show it to you anyway. It is the Rocking Italian Scooter Deluxe.


I stumbled on this beauty a month ago and it was not until tonight that I noticed, not only that it was a lot of moolah, but also it is hand made from a guy that lives in Turin, Italia. How perfect is that? In his little “about this” section, he claims that the one you receive may be a little different because he makes the special for order. He may charge the big bucks, but considering what the process must be, I would buy this. I would buy this, but then not let my children get near it.

Where to find it: http://www.etsy.com/listing/41381029/rocking-italian-scooter-deluxe
Price: $2,300.00

Okay, here is a gift closer to your price range. (I am guessing Bill Gates and other million dollar owners are not interested in my ramble. I am guessing my audience is more normal.) Introducing the: ‘Stache Labbit Plush


Do not ask me what  a labbit is, but isn’t this the cutest hipster stuffed animal you have ever laid eyes on? Your kids would love to find this in their stockings! Even your boyfriend/girlfiend would love to get this while out on a romantic date that you will do before anyone else cause your cool and that is the hipster way to do things. Embrace the ‘stache my ‘sters.

Where to find this: http://www.kidrobot.com/Toys/PlushToys/stacheLabbitPlush7Inch.html
Price: $15.95

And while we are on the topic of mustaches… you might as well consider getting these bad boys too. Perfect for those men, and women, in your life who can’t grow fuzz beneath their nostrils. TA DA:  The Sunstache


Again, I do not know why they call it that. But you cannot resist these fabulous pair of shades. Get one for the whole family! Hey, even old Grandpa Joe would like to grow a bushy mustache once again! It’s a hell of a lot better than those ones with the fake nose because you do not have to breathe in plastic and you look natural. . . ish.

Where to find: http://us.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=80&startValue=1&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=23510506&parentid=SHOP_STOCKINGSTUFFERS&sortProperties=+subCategoryPosition,&navCount=0&navAction=jump&color=&pushId=SHOP_STOCKINGSTUFFERS&popId=GENERAL_CATEGORY&prepushId=&selectedProductSize=&cm_mmc=Social-_-FB-_-20111202-_-sunstache
Price: $8.00


And here is a crazy picture of me because I felt like there wasn't enough random on this post. 

Tomorrow I have my Italian final. Wish me luck! Have a good night my friends. Stay classy.

P.S. Did you noticed I did not talk about the weather? You should be proud. 

P.P.S. The weather was bright and sunny all day. 

P.P.S.S. I just could not help it. 


1 comment:

Audrey said...

I can't believe you had never seen the Truman Show! I love that movie! It is great. And also weird, but so am I so it works. haha