Friday, December 2, 2011

Does anyone know how to play Rook?


Eddy rearranged the furniture in the main room, so now I am forced to face Joanna as I type. We are enjoying it by having our feet connected. It is hard to explain, but the two chairs are facing each other, we have our legs extended, and our feet touching so they are suspended and supported in the air. This is what happens when you spend too much time with someone.

This morning I had cinema class and I loved it. We watch a film by Derek Jarman called “Blue.” It was an audio documentary of Jarman’s struggle to fight HIV/AIDS and how the disease slowly diminished his sight. The screen was completely blue the entire hour and forty minutes. Audio included Jarman narrating lines from his diary and supported music/noise. It enthralled my senses and made my imagination go crazy. Go Jarman!

Today’s weather was simply splendid. It rained all last night, so this morning was fogged and wet. The air was humid and the sky a warm grey. It was really nice walking to the store with Joanna as the sun set.

Now for the big reason I know you all came to visit Verbaledudette this lovely December second.

Gift Guide Item Number Two: Skeleton Coffee Mugs by Phoebe Richardson  

Are you sick and tired of not being able to stack your friends/children’s/parents/neighbors mugs to create cool designs in their cupboards?  If yes, this is your gift. A set of four perfect sized white “bone” china coffee mugs with a simple image of a skeleton on it, create the best little gift for that unique person. These are so retro, no one will even consider them Halloween related, but rather, they will think they are just plain awesome. I call the rib cup!


Where to find them: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/item10076693.aspx
Price: $54.00

P.s. Thank you Grandmother with the package of games and my chocolate Turkey! You are the sweetest! I love you!

P.p.s. Does anyone know how to play the card game Rook? Joanna and I cannot figure out the directions. Two blondes, what do you expect? 

No comments: