Thursday, December 1, 2011

Verbaledudette's Gift Guide

Happy December first! Like my sister, you are probably stressing about what to get everyone for Christmas. Eagerly counting down those days and crossing off those lists, browsing through endless magazines and falling in trampling lines early in the morning. I get it. Christmas gift shopping is difficult. That is why I am here to lend you a bit of a helping hand. Consider me one of Santa’s little helpers; Audrey the Elf (minus the pointy ears.)  Starting today I am going to show case a couple of items for the next twenty days (because, lets face it, if you don’t have all your gifts by the twentieth, you’re on your own. Also, I come home that day.) that you could get to spread holiday smiles on all the faces you know. Prices are going to range, stuff for him, and stuff for her. It is going to be spectacular.

1. The Bubble Wrap Calendar
Every year, people have to buy a calendar around Christmas time, for the obvious reason that after Christmas, the year changes. Are you sick and tired of going to your friends/families house and having to write your birth date down on a calendar covered in kittens, The Jonas Brothers, and sandy beaches? How about those tacky ones that don’t even have adorable pictures on them and are indeed very boring? This gift solves your problem and is fun for both adults and children! It is a three in one gift bargain!


Who doesn’t like bubble wrap. Admit it. We have all found the temptation to squeeze those little air locked pimples, or danced all around their odd texture even when our mothers said not to. The calendar even comes with all the U.S. holidays labeled in the little date bubbles. Its measurements are forty-eight inches tall by eighteen inches wide. It is printed on heavy one hundred pound glossy covered stock (whatever that means) and is handmade in Brooklyn. Practical and supports our locals. It’s simple lay out and vertical design is nothing but classy and chic. This will put your gift receiver on top of a little pedestal over all their horizontal calendar owner friends. They will be the envy of all calendars, and it will all be because of you. Everyone likes bubble wrap. Everyone needs a calendar. Get everyone, a Bubble Wrap Calendar.

Where to find it: http://www.perpetualkid.com/2010-bubble-calendar.aspx
Price: $19.99

Today I woke up and outside my window the sky looked clouded and grey. With this feeling, I had deep hopes that maybe we would be getting one of those famous Florence thunderstorms that was supposed to wash the city every day in November. I had hoped that December first might bring something different. But a couple hours later, the sky is blue and the clouds are blushed with rising sun pinks. So much for my rainy day. There is nothing like working in the studio at school while droplets scatter and shake the glass ceiling above. The noise echoes and is magical. Is it so much to ask that while I develop photographs today that it rains? Come on Florence, open those skies and let it loose!

Rachel’s friend Eddy just got here. I have yet to meet him because he hid in the other room and then they just left. Which was kind of odd, but then again, I wouldn’t want to meet me either while I am in the middle of blogging, in my pajamas, sitting in my warm bed, under a neon yellow comforter, while my stomach growls for breakfast. It’s not really my most presentable sight.

Well, I am off to start my day. I only have film photography today and I cannot wait to print! My final project is coming along so nicely. Every combination is a sweet surprise. It is a challenge, but it is worth it.

Ciao. Ciao.
xoxo

No comments: