Saturday, December 31, 2011

Detouring the now in a childish attempt to find forever


I was incredibly good at filling you in on my every breath and toe tap while in Italia, but the moment I got home, I left this blog to get a thin line of dust on it from two weeks of no posting. To sum up the last two weeks, I have been overwhelmed with happiness of being home. Italy feels like it happened forever ago and was even possibly a dream. The day after I got home, I was surprised when all my friends slowly showed up to my doorstep because my sister had invited them to welcome me home. I couldn’t stop smiling and was overwhelmed with excitement that I got to see all the people I missed most. The holiday weekend came fast and I was spoiled to death with gifts, compliments, and welcome home hugs. And now it is time to bid farewell to 2011, a year of many firsts.

In 2011 I gained confidence, faced my fears, made big decisions, stepped on some large stones, and ate really good food.

·       My year started off with one of the biggest job positions I have ever acquired. I was the official photographer for the FIS Freestyle Skiing World Championships up at Deer Valley and Park City Mountain Resort.
·       I produced the 49th year of East High School’s Take Five.
·       I turned eighteen.
·       Gabrielle and I saw Miniature Tigers and Desert Noises in concert. One of my favorite shows I have ever been to.
·       I graduated from high school.
·       I went to Europe for the first time with my family for three weeks.
·       I underwent my first surgery, which included going under amnesia, getting my first iv in, and my first urine test where they told me I wasn’t pregnant.
·       I traveled completely on my own to another country.
·       I survived my first semester of college.
·       I lived completely on my own.

It was a great year. Thank you 2011! Here is to 2012, may it be just as fabulous.

As a final note, audnotodd.blogspot.com will no longer be the url for this blog. Starting January 5th, Verbaledudette will be at www.verbaledudette.blogspot.com. This change wont be for five days, but be prepared for the change. I do not want to loose anyone on to the way. : ) If you ever get confused, remember you can find Verbaledudette’s page on Facebook.

Happy New Year!
xoxo 

No comments: