Sunday, December 4, 2011

the rain in spain stays mainly in the plain


Clouds, grey and dark, hovered around the city like a child’s ‘blanket and chair’ fortress. Firenze, bustling with eager shoppers and umbrellas, hid beneath the quilted sky as drops of warm rain sprinkled the streets and it occupants. Wet air held heat in its breezes, whipping around corners and up the side of Brunelleschi’s Duomo. The thick scent of Sunday four-course dinner leaked out of neighboring windows and spiraled with the smokes of top floor chimneys. I wandered the streets for two hours; umbrella in hand, stepping in each puddle my shoes came to the edge of. Admiring the city, once more, as it’s frail beauty was washed with nature’s shower. When I came home, the apartment held a dark silence. The kitchen window showed no change in the sky as the hidden sun set.

To finish a perfect rainy afternoon, I sat down (with Rachel) in the living room for a little movie marathon. First to be watched was Pineapple Express. Following the runaway few days of a drug dealer and an innocent weed smoking murder witnesser, I enjoyed each scene. James Franco captures my heart no matter how greasy his hair is and how often he says dude. The second film was Pulp Fiction.  A hipster favorite, that I have previously seen, but did not remember anything. (The reason was my not remembering is going to be blamed on the fact that I was in bed, on a liquid diet, because I had just escaped nose surgery.) This time, I loved it. With an amazing cast and sound track, Quinton Tarantino presents such witty, sexy, funny, action, thrilled, fun, into one film. My only complaint: John Travolta’s hair. (For reasons that do not need explaining.)

Tonight I had pasta for dinner and then Joanna made me dessert. The dessert was coop cookies and peanut butter.  “How to make tagalongs when you can’t find a girlscout” –Joanna talking about the snack. What a wonderful day!

Today’s gift is for the geeks. For the Star Wars know all and the Darth Vader quotaters.



Yes, your eyes do not deceive you like the lies of Luke’s father. Those are in fact Hans Solo in Carbonate Ice Cube Trays. “The Empire will compensate you if he melts” now has a new meaning. The empire, being a glass, will be officially colder when this fantasy hero thaws. Also, you can even use they to make chocolate too! What a perfect gift to buy that dorky friend you love!

Where to find: http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kitchen/e845/#tabs
Price: $9.99

Goodnight! xoxo

Title: My Fair Lady 

No comments: