Friday, June 6, 2008

Remember to never Forget.

Yesterday had to have been one of the most tearful days of my life. At 10 A.M. i went to my sisters graduation from 6th grade. I know I know, its not like she is leaving or something.Just switching schools, but she is growing up. They played a slide show with all the sad graduation songs. I wasnt crying until they started the section when the graduates were little. I saw my sister through all her years.It brought back so many memories. She is growing up and i cant believe my best friend in the whole wide world will be going into 7th grade. I always felt that was going to happen in the long run, but here we are. She wrote me a note that made me tear up. It goes something like this:

Audrey,

I cant sleep so i decided to write you a note like you said to do. I'm excited and not excited for summer. I dont want to leave Uintah, and I am not sure about Clayton. I dont want to grow up. I dont want you to leave me and go to college. We were supposed to have an apartent together, I cant wait until we are in the same school again. I love you. Have a good day.

xoxo,
Gabrielle


After the graduation her grade went to Boondocks. I waved goodbye as the crowded yellow bus drove away. In the meantime i got ready for Senior Wills. I had to look just right, cause i wouldnt see alot of those people ever again (or at least not a lot.) For you who are not a drama geek, Senior Wills, are object that have been passes down by the drama department that have special meanings. Its a tradition. It started at seven. I skateboarded my way up to Amber and Amy's house for the party,

First we signed year books. It was mass chaos. The minuet someone was done writing in someone elses they would shout "Who needs this persons" and the room would yell. It was pretty funny. Then we watched a slideshow about our drama year. It was so amazing to see how everyone has changed from the starting of the year to the end. I couldnt help but smile when pictures of HSM came on and everyone around me started singing the songs. what great memories.

Then came senior wills. Each senior with a will stood up in front of the crowd and talked about each item and who they get to go to and why. Morgan Callaway, sat up there, in her Pirate's shirt, and talked. It made me think how i will hardly see her again. No more notes, no more passing by eachother on B days in the C hall. I started to tear up, and that was before she called my name for the red rose. (Red Rose: Goes to someone who is loving, caring and trusting.) It happened so fast. I just reached out a grabbed it from her, flashing her a smile. I really wish i would have stood up and hugged my dear friend. But i didnt, i was still in shock that me, a quiet freshman got something. It was all somthing new to me. Then my phone kept going off. It was my parents, so i crept outside for a secound. I ran into Morgan. I gave her a hug that i wish could last a lifetime, and handed her my little gift. Thats all. I get so nervous that i will screw something up or say something stupid in front of her cause she is like my idol. Im waking out to call my worried parents when everyone started shouting "Audrey you got a senior will" So i turned around and awkardly walked up to Ryan Rose who was holding the cutest stuffed puppy. He told me it was the Baby Will (Goes to the Baby of the drama department. The cute and innocent that you just want to hug.) I took it, should have given hi a hug to, said thank you and walked out to call my parents.

When i came back a few others have gone. I said down in my spot on the floor next to Amy and Erica. Yet i didnt know the hours to come would kill my butt while sitting in that spot, but i guess it was worth it.

Jillian Murdock came up. She started talking. I just looked at her with full sadness that she was leaving. I knew Jillian before i came to East. We had taken dance together the year before, One thing i remember about that dance class is we did a part called the "Magical Forest". It was a partner part. I remember Jillian asking to be my partner. I was so excited. Her was one of the oldest, prettiest, most talented girls in my class, and she wanted to be MY partner. I couldnt stop smiling that night. -Anyways, she was talking right. She held up a princess crown. It was defentially a Jillian orginal. It had the sparkles and everything. She started talking about how the will was for a senior girl to give a underclassmen that she felt was like a sister. I listened to her and was guessing it was Lydia or Molly, cause those two seem to be best buds. She looked at me and said my name. I got up, tears streaming down my face, took the crown and gave her a hug. (I had learned my lesson-hugs are a good thing during this)

I was so happy (Yet a little jelous that Kramer kissed Erica on the forehead, and Katrina got the "Scent of Kramer" :)-) that I, a freshman, got all these senior wills, but yet i was streaming with tears, because most of these people i wont see again. The drama department has created a family for me. You dont get that from your friends who arent in drama. Sure the drama people are a bit weird. But they are the ones i admire the most. I hugged everyone, even if i didnt really know them. Jocelyn came up to me and we hugged. I hugged her like she was my best friend. I really wish i could have gotten to know her better. She is the cutest thing. (My parents love her too from take five. They just could not get over the fact that such a skinny girl could stuff so many cream puffs into her mouth (:)

They all promised to come back, and im sure they will. I mean Chase Toyn never graduated. He is always in the audience, laughing and clapping the loudest. It just wouldnt be a production without him. Im going to miss all of them. I mean who will crowd the C hallway now?

"As we go on, we remember all the times we spent together, and as our lifes change from whatever, we will still be friends forever"- Graduation, Vitamen C

No comments: