Sunday, September 30, 2012

infinite

Years ago I discovered a book, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Hana suggested it to me through a text and it has been my favorite book ever since. Nothing but 200 pages written on an eighth grade reading level, this book connects with anyone who reads it. 
Today I saw the film made after it and I cannot say anything but perfection. They captured the essence of the story, the vulnerability of the characters, the magic in the music, the innocence of humanity, and the frailty of life. Everything the book presents. 

I highly suggest you go and see it. : ) 

This weekend HoBro was on the go. Friday- Phoebe, Kayleigh, Emme, Paisley, and I, went to Berkley to curise around, met up with Kayleigh's boyfriend and Dennis (Kayleigh's friend,) hopped onto Bart (the subway system) and traveled to Oakland for an A's baseball game, and ended the night in Kayleigh's home town Brentwood for a sleepover. It was a fun little vacation from our vacation. Home cooked meals, a little sunshine, siblings, and hugs from a Mother were exactly what we needed. Also, Emme and Phoebe's American home experience and first baseball game were like watching little kids. Mostly, it made me homesick for my own family and home. Hmph. 








This week should be good. I have a final project due in fundamental's which I am excited to present. I am proud of my work and how far I have come in such a small amount of time. 

On Thursday, The Awful Truth is performing in an antique shop in the city. Now the cool thing about this band is that they are from Salt Lake City, just released their first album, AND i know them. They have circulated in the same group of friends as me. I know this is the ultimate hipster statement, but I saw them perform first at a small house show. I have seen them in three different venues since. The fact that I kind of got to watch to them grow and now they are on their first tour and I get to experience them outside of Salt Lake is exciting. I cannot wait to take photos! 

I hope you have an amazing night and a wonderful week! 

A little shout out to my good friend Cassie - her birthday was yesterday! Oh! And today is Connor's birthday! Woot! 

 

No comments: