Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Nothing like a toned graphic designer if you ask me.

My room would not look nearly as beautiful if I did not have the help of my Mother, Father, and Sister. Thank you so much.


This is a doorway view of my desk, in the corner. It is an easel desk, adjustable for any angle. I also have a work lamp that is all artsy and cool. 


This is my close up light from China Town. So beautiful. 


My magnetic hanging picture strings. 


My already crowded wire basket holder of everything school and non school related. 


My bed is the bottom bunk. 


And most importantly, this is my window outside of my desk. Here is where I can see the streets below, the Metropolitan Women's Club straight across the street, and my fire escape. 


I am not allowed to go out there, but i love the idea of having one. Isn't it beautiful?

And that is my part of the dorm! 

Today was orientation. This being my third freshman orientation in the passed year, I will have to say that it was the best. Seriously very inspiring and I feel excited to start classes. Also incredibly nervous because every single one of the people who held a mic today said it would be hard and by the eighth week everyone starts to crumble. But do you know what I say to that? GAME ON. Let's do this. 

I had dinner with my lovely friend Leeza tonight and it was fun to connect with her now that we are living in the same city. 

The whole bonding with the roommates is still rocky. It is hard being the girl who came into the group a week late. Oh well. 

Tomorrow is my last day of "freedom." There is a kick off soccer game to start the season tomorrow night, which I plan to attend. I have already seen the entire soccer team and I can tell you right now that soccer is my new favorite sport. Oh goodness those are some good looking men. Mmmhmmm. And they are  artists! WIN WIN. "Be artist. Be athlete." - I am starting to like this saying more and more each day. Nothing like a toned graphic designer if you ask me. 

Anyways, I hope you have a great night. xoxo 



1 comment:

Adam Tierney said...

Hey Audrey,
I've noticed you're blog has taken a turn as you've relocated to the Bay Area. It seems like you've got quite an eye for the world around you. I’m working for a new start-up called HeyLets and we’re trying to get people excited about doing what you do. We want our users to rediscover their city through mini-recommendations from people with similar interests and hopefully pay it forward. I was wondering, would you be interested in sharing some of your positive experiences as you get to know your new community with us? We'd love to hear what you have to say and help you promote your blog.
Drop me a line if you’re interested in more info: adam@heylets.com
Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!
-Adam