Thursday, September 6, 2012

cloud nine

I have reached it. I have reached the point where I officially know that I have made the right choice in moving out here and pursuing my passion at this school.

I had my first class today in a large white building that I am guessing used to be a church (or a Roman Palace.. because you know hipster city San Fran had Romans before it was cool.) The sound of the professor's aids voices carried through the high chandelier lit ceilings with echos. The class was History of Film: Post World War Two and I can already tell I am going to enjoy it. After already being in three classes similar to this in my past studies, I know that it will captivate my attention and yet still be a challenege. I know I will walk away from it knowing more than i go in with, and to me, that is always important. We watched the beginning of a film and talked about why we love movies and a few of our favorites. I tried to make friends with three different people sitting around me and ALL of them moved to a different row during the break. I know it was not because I spelled funny (i spell like Victoria Secret,  who doesn't like that?) and It wasn't because I said something wrong (i held my tongue on my usual sarcastic remarks) but yet I was alone at the end. Hmph. These film majors are going to be a lot harder to crack than I thought.

After class I was still excited about the days to come, even though I was still friendless. I went to dinner by myself, waiting in a long line to get into the cafe. Once I got there, it was pretty crowded, with only a few extra seats avaiable. The lady at the front desk (who scans my card) asked if "it was okay if I sat with someone I did not know or would i like to wait for an empty table." I practically screamed "force me to sit with random people and maybe I will get friends!" And guess what, it worked. I sat down with two guys and a girl. Pretty soon their other friend showed up. They included me in every conversation possible  (except for the video game one... i had no clue what they were talking about.) They are pretty nerdy, but also pretty normal and were a lot of fun to be around. They even asked for my number at the end! I am proud to say that Robert, Nick, Kyle, and Cali are my new friends!

Tonight was supposed to be some "Fashion Night Out" thing at H&M, but it was kind of a dud. So here I am, relaxing in my hip dorm room, practically high on life.

I have no classes until monday, so the weekend starts tomorrow. Phoebe and I have planned a lunch date which will turn into shopping because we both have want little slippers to wear around the dorm and just because shopping (even if it's just looking) is fun. : )

I hope you had as wonderful of a day as I did. Good night and pleasant dreams.

No comments: