Thursday, September 20, 2012

history with an accent

I have never taken a history class without an accented professor. In 8th grade, Mrs. Nagata may have been Asian American, but she had a little chinese accent. Chaira was Italian. And now, I am learning photographic history from a French woman. She is simply adorable in her attempts to pronounce our American names, yet the French photographers and terms slide off her tongue like poetry. I usually do not really like history - i have a hard time remember dates and names, but after one three hour class with this woman, I think I might actually understand what I am learning and retain the information for more than a few hours. She is catering, slow, descriptive, and uses many ways to get you engaged. I even get to do a report on my favorite photographer Diane Arbus, because she noticed I wrote that on my "about me sheet" and made sure I was placed in the right group so I could do it. Special case. She did not do this for anyone else.

Now, I just need to get organized.

Goodnight/Goodmoring lovelies.

P.S. I got a Tumblr, my roommates are obsessed. Check out my page of random photographs and quotes and other tumbling things at http://verbaledudette.tumblr.com/


No comments: