Wednesday, October 3, 2012

i am not a robot

Title: Marina & the Diamonds 

San Francisco has been awkwardly hot the passed two days. People are in a panic. It is almost the next War of the Worlds as people try to go outside in sweaters and realize it is too hot. Pale skin is exposed rawly to the beams of the cloudless sun rays. There is no fog in sight. It has gone missing. I wore a strapless dress and nothing else today. I read my text books in the sunshine on Union Square Plaza. I am in a wonderful mood today and I thank helio-therapy. 

October has begun, just incase you did not know. Fall is here, the leaves should be changing, and the orange yellows and browns should be making their seasonal appearances on the wardrobes that walk to the streets to and from the coffee shops and work. 

To get into the holiday spirit, my family treated me (literally) to some fun packages. Yesterday I got a can in the mail. A soup sized can. As i opened it I was shocked to find there was no chicken noodle broth mixture, but a cute little note, candies, vampire fangs, black sparkle metallic nail polish, and boo mallow marshmallows. This was all from my sister. She even made me wait to open it until she could watch me do it on skype. Two and a half hours later I had finished all the candies and was almost in tears as I bid my sister (dressed in surgeon gear may I add) goodbye. She made my day.



Now I was coming home from class, I approached the doors, and the security guard couldn't wait to get out "Audrey, you have another package!" She was excited as she pulled out an orange box with pumpkin stickers and my Mother's handwriting. The minute I saw it, I knew my school teaching perfect handwriting too cute for words Mama had sent me something that no other college student would ever recieve. I rushed to my room, tore open the tape (which took longer than it should of. note to you: i had tape and envelopes) and almost died as i held halloween decorations in my hand. Mama sent me bats to put on the wall! With help from Emme and Phoebe, we now have bats flying from the mirror, to the door, and over to my neighbors door. We are the envy of the dorm. People have visited from other floors just to see the magic. People have offered me money to send to my mom so she can buy them some. I can confidently say that I have the best Mom in the world. No joke. 

I love Tuesdays because I have my favorite class, with my favorite teacher. I started my day getting a latte from Sugar Cafe, sipping it while I critiqued/analyzed/observed/argued about photographs as the sun rose through the windows for participation points. My class loved my final prints of different perspectives of Emme. I will give you the link once I post them, but I am incredibly proud of my work. Our next assignment is to shoot form and narrative. I love pieces that scream stories, provoke questions, make you want to know more. I have the perfect idea in my mind right now, it is hard to explain, so just cross your fingers and I will show you the final piece. 

I printed out my resume today and I am ready to turn it in to a coffee shop five blocks from my house. Cross your fingers. 

I am going to end this post with a product review. Now, before coming here my Mother and I were shopping at good ol' Costco. It was here that we stumbled upon some new razors for my shaver. They didn't need shower cream, it was like built onto it. You know what I mean? Well they work great, but they get sticky, they never dry, and they melt every time you get it wet. They only lasted a few shower uses and the little plastic piece that surrounds the blade actually fell off when i picked it up this morning. Although they are cute. Do not buy them. 

Ciao Bellas. xoxo 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww your family is cute :) love this post. like a story... about your life. oh wait. it is heehee.