Friday, February 21, 2014

there is nothing wrong with looking at a person, being it male or female, and saying "damn!"

Before I get down to what we are here for, I want to address a subject that was brought up to me this evening. I received a message accusing me of objectifying men through my series of Verbaledudette's Olympic Hotties. I disagree. I do not believe I am promoting any sort of objectification. Sure, I write about how talented and beautiful they are, search for shirtless pictures, and make up stories about us making love in almost every room of their homes, but they are chosen because of admiration. All this is is talented athletes that look good, sprinkled with colorful sarcastic humor. 

I think it is important to recognize a body that someone has worked so hard to create in order to be the best athlete in their sport. I write these posts as I sit in my pajamas, regretting not going to the gym, and eating Girl Scout cookies, while these men work their asses off to achieve a goal. There is nothing wrong with looking at a person, being it male or female, and saying "damn!" 

The Webster's dictionary defines objectifying as "to treat (someone) as an object rather than a person." I do not see these athletes as objects for sex (but hey, if their down..)  I see these athletes as inspirations for their commitment to their sport, as well as their physical appearances. 

Their blue eyes may have come naturally, as wells as their love for eating and watching TV (common hobbies I have noticed,) but none of these men were born with six packs. With that said, this series is a thank you and a round of applause to those who have put forth the effort and have worked to claim the title of an Olympian. 

Now let's hear it for the boys and meet tonight's contender! That last days are approaching fast and I am sad to say it is almost time to seal the envelope of another successful collection of beautiful boys. But let's not get teary eyed yet, because Mats Zuccarello is here for dinner and a movie night of all the Lord of the Rings films: 


Norwegian and twenty six years of age, Mats plays forward in the daring, slamming, tooth chipping, big bodied, game of ice hockey. 


His hobbies include American football (that he learned from his teammates on his New York Rangers club team,) golf, and tennis. 


He speaks Norwegian (naturally,) English, and Swedish. Three language options means you are practically dating three men. One night you are cheering on your Norwegian boyfriend at his hockey game, the next night you are going to the clubs in New York with your English (American-grinding) boyfriend, and then the next night he is serving you Swedish meatballs. (Get your head out of the gutter. I see your eyes widening and I can hear your giggling over here. Heehee.) Three's company all packaged nicely into one brawny bod. 


His nickname is The Hobbit. Now, I think most people would not admit to the nickname, but he has the confidence and a good sense of humor to not only accept it, but promote it. So what I am saying is if you have some fantasy to sleep with foreign creatures, here's one. 


During the playoff round at the Sochi event he was unable to play because of a hand injury, so tonight when he comes over, let him have the first bite of ice cream and give him an extra kiss. Lord knows he deserves it for working so hard and because well, if you have the chance to kiss him, I would take that opportunity.  

"What did that Verbaleudette writer say about my meatballs?!?"
Thank you for your support of Verbaledudette! Have a lovely night. xo

No comments: