Tuesday, February 11, 2014

complete strangers were reading my blog in a public place

This morning, as I was walking to class, I stopped at Starbucks to buy a latte (with a gift card given to me by my lovely Granny for Valentines Day.. thanks Grandmother!) and I noticed something quite surprising and ultimately exciting sitting at the table near the door. Three girls huddled around a lap top giggling and speaking another language. I was a little curious about what was so captivating to them and of course I wanted to giggle as well. I very slyly peered over their shoulder as I waited in line. On the screen was Verbaledudette. These complete strangers were reading my blog in a public place and enjoying it! Sometimes I forget there is an audience that reads these rambles I post. It is humbling, flattering, and a very good feeling to know I have your support, so thank you Verbaledudette readers!

Now, on to what you really want to hear and not just me blubbering my thank you speech. Meet Marvin James:

A goofy footed snowboarder from Switzerland, Marvin is twenty four years old. He is the shortest male we have had this season, but still stands at 5'7. 




Along with a little pipe and freestyle riding, Marvin's main snowboarding event is snow cross. For those of you who do not know, this event is similar to Mario Kart on the Wii. You are lined up at the starting line with about four other competitors, the buzzer goes off, and you race down the mountain over hills, jumps, around corners, and steep slopes. Oh sure, run into the person next to you knocking them down - no big deal. The only real difference between Mario Kart and snow cross is their isn't any bananas or boxes with goodies. Maybe next Olympics!



On his free time, Marvin loves skateboarding, wake boarding, and football.



Have a lovely Tuesday evening!

No comments: