Sunday, November 13, 2011

slap the person who said mosquitos would go away in november

 If you are sitting next to my Father, he is the one to hit (gently) for I am busy scratching little red bumps all over my arms, one on my ankle and even a few on my forehead! Oh mosquitos how I hate you.

Yesterday I went to Pisa on a field trip, with my Art History class (so that mean Linda, Rachel, and I went.) I had adventured to this city during our Family trip. I left not quite impressed and rather disappointed. I mean, there is not much in the city to enjoy AND buildings and chains surround the almighty Leaning Tower! It was something to see once. Yet, I got to see it again.

I spent six hours there for class and still; Pisa does not hold a spot on my list of places to spend quality time in. It does have a lot of history in it though, so my professor was having the time of her life dragging us to every museum and special piazza, church, corner, bridge, in the entire city. And I enjoyed learning about “booomBBs” and “sWWords.” No but really, I learned a lot, got to see inside a lot of buildings for free (which was nice) and even sipped a nice glass of wine at lunch while talking about Linda’s dream to swim with dolphins. It was a splendid day.


creepy doll sticker. you know how i love my street art.


the Arno River, the same river that flows through Florence


Oh Mickey Mouse. 


The Leaning Tower of Pisa


Rachel and I in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. 
(i do not know what I am doing with my arm. trying to be a robot or barbie doll obviously..) 


Statue near the Leaning Tower of Pisa. 


Inside the Cathedral that the Leaning Tower of Pisa is the bell tower for. 


This was something important turned into a Museum. I liked it and yes, it is near the Leaning Tower of Pisa. 

I was disappointed that we did not get to go to Lucca, but I can always go one weekend by myself. Not the end of the world.

On another note, we need to take care of some blogging business. I have noticed a recent trend on my fellow bloggers sites about writing a post about what you are thankful for. Now I just want to tell you that even though the country I most recently call home does not celebrate this festive eating holiday, I will still write a thankful post, but not until we are CLOSER to the holiday. Seriously people. Blogging a month before the holiday about the holiday is like putting Christmas decorations up in stores before we have even celebrated Halloween.

So, this is not thankful post because I now going to tell you how fortunate I am feeling right now.

I stumbled upon a blog of this girl that I had met a few times. She is sweet, but I never really got to know her, or tried to get to know her, due to the situation she was introduced in. That probably did not make any sense, but it is not important. I always treated her with kindness, don’t worry. ANYWAY, I read a piece of writing on her blog that followed a picture of a beautiful girl. It stated that her sister, very close sister, died in a car accident about six months ago. I almost broke down into tears. I had no idea and she always appeared so flawlessly happy. I just cannot imagine what she went through and what she is still feeling. I am just so lucky that I have never had something like that happen to me, knock on wood. I guess the moral of the paragraph is to always, always treat people with kindness because you never know what their background story is and to also live each day like it is your last. Cliché statements that are perfectly true.

Can I just take a little moment of self-promotion? (because it is not like this blog is nothing but self promotion *sarcasm) Verbaledudette has a facebook page that I want you all to like. You want you to like this page. I usually post cool videos, websites, or photographs I find. It contains different stuff than what you get on here, but with my same cute quirky wonderful (self promotion eh?) personality that I write with. I also post the link of each new post to the page so you can get a constant reminder in your newsfeed to read Verbaledudette. (Wow! The internet is such a great place!) Please, show your support (if you have thebook) and like Verbaledudette on Facebook. Thank you. 

I hope your Sunday is perfect. Mine has been. xoxo

No comments: