Sunday, November 20, 2011

Stereophonics Sunday


The Stereophinics are a Welsh rock group formed in 1992. They originate from the small village of Cwmaman in Cynon Valley, Wales. 


The main members of the group include Kelly Jones (lead vocals & guitar,) Richard Jones (bass,) Javier Weyler (drummer,) and Adam Zindani (keyboards.) They have released a total of seven studio albums, five of which has topped the UK Album Chart. The band’s sound is described as “a classic UK rock delivered with whiskey vocals,” but to me they sound like a calm, motivational, alternative band. Enjoy the last day of this music week, for from now one, I will only continue with Music Mondays. Here are a few of Stereophonics great tracks for your calm Sunday afternoon:

Maybe Tomorrow (my favorite)


Mr. Writer


Just Looking


Could You Be the One?


It Means Nothing


Now news about my day in Italia! 

Sundays here are dead silent, quite literally. There is no one in the streets, the shops are closed, and even the sky seemed empty except for the bright sun warming the frozen piazzas. Felix came over for lunch with Joanna and I. Then it was off to take photographs for me. I went to all the main monuments in Florence taking a roll of film at each for my final project. It was productive, a work out, but so enjoyable. There is nothing like listening to good music while taking photographs, two things I love whole-heartedly. Now, it is about 5:30 and the sun has completely set, the wind has picked up, and the city is dimming with cold air. I have been reading Like Water for Chocolate. I cannot seem to put it down and will probably finish it tonight, huddled next to the radiator with my blanket wrapped around me. I could really go for some warm lemonade and honey right now. Oh well.

Wishing you a wonderful rest of your Sunday. Xoxo


No comments: