Monday, November 14, 2011

Mac Miller Music Mondays


All right folks, Mac Miller just released a great new album, so I decided to dedicate a little Music Monday for him. 



Mac, also known as Easy Mac and Malcolm, is a rapper from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Surprised? Not me. Every since I started living with two people from Pittsburgh, it has been brought to my attention that everything happens in Pittsburgh.) He was born January 19, 1992 to an architect and a photographer, so instantly we know that there is creativity steaming through his blood. Weird thing is, this super star is only my age of eighteen. Miller is a self-taught musician starting at the age of six, playing piano, guitar, drums, and bass. (Over achiever much?)

"Once I hit 15, I got real serious about it and it changed my life completely ... I used to be into sports, play all the sports, go to all the high school parties. But once I found out hip-hop is almost like a job, that's all I did."

He has won a few awards including two awards at the Pittsburgh hip-hop awards; "Live Free" won video of the year and he also won Best Artist Under 21. The video for the first single he released, "Donald Trump", has reached over 27 million views on YouTube and Donald Trump himself acknowledged the video on the social networking site Twitter when it reached 20 million views stating "Who wouldn't be flattered?" and declared that Miller was the “new Eminem,” and stated “I am very proud of him.” (Who knew that Ol’Donald could say more than “YOUR FIRED?" I am proud of him for saying more than three words.)

Here are a few of his tracks that I personally like:
**Note that if you are getting this emailed to you, the following videos may not show up. I do suggest you look up the songs though. Sorry for the inconvenience, Blogger just needs to get it's act together and learn how to send media files. 

Donald Trump

Best Day Ever

LaLaLaLa

Nikes on My Feet

Comment found under the video: This song makes me wanna strip naked, burst out of my window, free fall 28 floors, face plant in the snow, make a snow angel mixed with my own blood, shiver from the cold, get hyperthermia, DIE, go to the pearly gates, say wuzzup to Jesus, do our secret hand shake, look for Buddha, find him, have him reincarnate me into a frog, meet a princess, kiss her, turn into a prince, order my subject to bring me a computer, listen to this song again, and cry my self to sleep.”

Wear My Hat


Also, news spreads like wildfire and it doesn’t matter what country you are in, it is easy to discover the devastating loss of an athlete in the ski world. Jamie Pierre was killed in an avalanche back in Utah. Prayers go out to his wife and kids. He was an excellent skier, destroying boundaries and taking risks to the end.


I hope you have an amazing rest of your Monday. Keep your heads nodding to the lyrics of Mac Miller and be safe skiing out in those beautiful snowy mountains. Stay classy my friends. 

xoxo


No comments: