Friday, January 2, 2009

a new YEAR, a new LOOK, a new ME

Dude if you haven't noticed it is 2009. Oh my goodness.  Who would ever have thought that 2009 would come so fast. I remember when people we so excited for 2000. Ha ha that was about nine years ago. 

My New Year: This year wasn't the best of ringin' in the New Year. On the 31st (of duh! December) I had my friend Lindsay over. I had kind of invited her over like a month ago because I knew that her family wouldn't do anything (and I know how much her Mother dislikes her and I wanted to hang with her at least once over the break.) But I kind of did it with out thinking about what my family would be feeling. I found out a little to late that they were not to thrilled about it. In fact they were okay with Lindsay but when Lindsay said that she was bringing Becca, they were a little upset. Okay a lot upset. I completely ruined their night. Anyways. Lindsay came over (Becca was out to dinner with her father) and we chilled for a bit. Then we went to Katelin's house. It was a mistake. Why was it a mistake: 
  1. They strongly dislike Lindsay.... (and yet I told her we should go. Again I was only thinking of myself. 
  2. Spencer and Rachel were there (I have gotten over the whole thing between Me and Spencer but he still acts like I am the worst person. And Rachel was giving me dirty looks. I like her, but i guess when you piss off the boy you piss off the girl too) 
  3. They all had their inside jokes and tight friendships.
  4. I felt awkward. 
  5. I sat to the side and was quite. A wall flower. 
Then we left with Sam to his house and just chilled. It was pretty boring. I also had to deal with Becca and Sam flirting and more inside jokes. We came back to my house around 11:30. (We= Lindsay, Becca, Sam and Me.... aka much more then me or my parents wanted) The ball dropped we celebrated. I tried to look happy. The minute they left I went to apologize to my Mother. I ended up running to my room and broke down crying. (what I was crying bout is not a story for everyone to know) My Dad came in and tried to make me feel better and then my Mother too. It didn't help.  I cried for the first hour of 2009. 

My New Year Resolutions: 
  • Exercise more (aka lose weight ha ha) 
  • get straight A's and pass Mrs. Story's class with flying colors
  • Eat Healthier
  • Write more Thank You cards
  • try harder to get involved with a group of friends so I am invited more often and feel more a part of something then I do now
  • Write on this more!!! ha ha

Random quick Notes: 
  1. I'm going shopping tomorrow and seeing Marley and Me with my sista
  2. I really wanted to hang out with Joe, Patrick, and Ryan over the break but I never did
  3. I think I like someone, but I have a feeling he wont talk to me as much after break (We don't go to the same school either...) 
  4. I don't want to go to school on Monday.
  5. I need help on my biology.
  6. I need to work on my presentation for English
  7. The Utes are WINNING!
  8. I re-did my room. I put new carpet in (brought to me by Santa) and cleaned and organized
  9. My Father left to AUSTRIA  for 18 days today to run a world cup ski event
  10. I made a cork board with like 200 wine corks today. We have been saving them for a few years and I finally did something with them. Ha ha Its was cool to see all the designs on the corks. I mean  most people look at the label of a wine bottle but never the cork. Check them out next time! 
I think everyone needs to smile more! 

Love you.

xoxo


"Change: if only it was as easy as a campaign slogan."


2 comments:

Anthony said...

I know for FACT that several of your friends sincerely miss hanging out with you. It's always awkward going back to a group after long absences... but... eh... I know quite a few miss you. Spencer an his wuh-man baffle my mind though... really and sincerely... he's a hilarious boy and I love him but how he can have a girlfriend blows my mind. He's so... yeah... Spencer... and she SOUNDS rather obnoxious to me.

Natalie said...

Anthony's right about at least one of your friends missing you. In fact, he's right about a lot of us missing you. BUT I know for a fact that III miss you like nothing other. I've told you before I don't really have a problem with Lindsay, but I guess I wasn't really there until like 10:00. You wouldn't have been a wall flower if I were there sooner! I love you!