Saturday, September 10, 2011

Gianluca just called me to see how I was doing. Italians are so nice.

Yesterday I had my first day of cinema class. I think I am really going to like it. It is just watching movies, reading reviews, and then discussing the movie. It makes me want to come to school in my pajamas. (Do not worry I wont.) 

Last night was eventful for me. I went to the ponte veccio bridge and watched live musicians that I had previously seen this summer. It was festive and entertaining. I sung a long to the select few english songs I knew and tried to decipher words from the Italian ones. 

After that, I walked home and met up with Johanna and Rachel. We went and sat on some church steps a block or two from our home. In Italy, people flock to anywhere there is a place to sit. There were many styles, ages, and characters, there to observe. I enjoyed it. We moved on, walking through some streets checking out the scene until we got to Sanat Croce. We sat there and watched people set up for the George Michael's concert that is tonight. Two guys in front of us asked what they were doing. We gave them an answer and that turned into an hour/two hour conversation between the five of us. These boys names were Gianluca and Giancomo. They were totally cute and very funny. I walked away with their numbers. : ) I made friends. 

Now I am sitting in the student center writing and taking pictures with my film camera for class. Yahoo. It is sweaty and hot here. I cannot wait for sweater weather. 

I tried to upload some photographs.. but they wont load. I will post them later. 

Ciao for now! xoxo 

No comments: