Sunday, September 4, 2011

I woke up to rain and church bells.

Happy Sunday from my apartment.

 It is currently 4:21 p.m. and outside it is only lightly raining. The temperature has gone down significantly and the air is clear. The skies look like Michelangelo painted them himself.

I found internet in our apartment today, against the main wall. It was kind of a thrill because we all need it a little each day. When we are at school, we want to focus on art. At home, we want to focus on us and communicating.

This morning, we all woke up naturally, without a care in the world. After eating breakfast and discovering that the open aired market is closed (like most of Italy on a Sunday) we walked to a high point of the city to enjoy the nice view. It was breath taking, literally. The Italian's love their stairs. We hiked to the top until we reached Pizzale Michelangelo. It was covered in tourists. A light rain dripped as we watched the city like Gods. It is amazing how compact all the buildings are. I have seen the high sites of Italy a few times now and I still gasp in amazement at the details and architecture. It is simply unbelievable. After we enjoyed, we walked down to this little sandwich place for a cheap lunch. Then we just toured our way back home through the streets and across the bridges.

Tomorrow classes start. I am very excited. I have been here for five days but it seems like longer. I have gotten so accustom to life here.

Here are some fun shots today I captured:


Rachel's socks drying out our kitchen window. (The family below, that you see their window and little deck area, likes to laugh, sing, and clean dishes at three a.m. It makes me miss my family and our fun kitchen parties)


Some street art I found on our walk today. I love how every wall is stained with stuff like this. 
Big City Life. 


Saturday night left overs in the streets. I loved how there is a glass, a lemon, and beer. Everything you need. 


More street art. Each one displays the artist's message. the best part is trying to figure out what they are trying to say to us as viewers. That is why I love art and want to do it. 


This is a city street. Pretty typical. Notice how the buildings have their individualities in design and colors, but are still so close to each other. I may be stretching this metaphor, but it is kind of like how we are all different, but we are all smooshed together in this world to create a whole.  


This is a view of my new home. 


Here is Rachel. : ) 


You know how I love my Italian Passion. This was the sweetest couple. I really love how anonymous his face is and all you can really see of hers is her smile and happiness. They look happy. I hope they are. I really do. 


This was just the "fencing" at the top of the hill to keep the tourists from falling and dying. Notice how even this has history and intricate memories engraved upon its withering stone. 


This is Johanna's hand holding a sat on, but fresh, rolled cigarette. 


On the left is Johanna and on the right is Rachel. They look so happy because they are not climbing up stairs anymore, but down them. Oh those Italian's and their stairs! 


This path just made me want to follow it, get lost in it, and never be found. It beckons curiosity. 


And finally this is Johanna standing by our kitchen window, a glass of water in her hand, watching the rain begin to fall. 


Also, I did not know if I told you this, but my roommate Rachel has a blog too. She puts up more videos than words. I would suggest checking it out. It is kind of fun to see my experience through some one elses
point of view. The website is www.ramblinrachel.blogspot.com

Ciao! xoxo

No comments: