Sunday, September 11, 2011

cinema italiano

Hello : ) Today is Sunday, as you already know, and it was a day complete relaxation at the "Rachel, Joanna, Audrey Apartment." Quite literally. We all went out, took some photographs for class, walked, sweated, got a work out. Then we came home and one by one laid down on our beds think we will just rest for a moment. Next thing we knew, we were all passed out asleep for two hours. It felt so nice and we looked wonderful with our matching sheet marks on our arms and faces.

We woke up just in time to get ready and go see a special movie screening of "September 11th" a movie about obviously September 11th. It was quite sad and it made me quite sick to my stomach, just because I am not good with images of desperation . . . they get stuck in my mind and I can never get them out. It is a curse. The movie itself, despite it's content, was really well done. It had multiple little movies. Each one was "11 minutes, 9 seconds, and 1 image" made by different directors from all over the world. The only criteria was relating it to September 11th in some way. It was brilliantly disturbing and a interesting view on how the rest of the world saw the event greatly affected our nation. They were really creative and emotional. I will admit to tearing up a few times.

The movie theater was beautiful. It looked similar to "Capital Theater" back in Salt Lake, but better. The seats were like yellow velvet lounge chairs with enough room between the rows to walk and relax your legs. And it was very cheap to get in, only four euros (aka six dollars) for a night movie. Yahoo!

Now I sit at home in the living room smacked up against the wall where the internet can be found. It is frustrating to have it flicker on and off, but I guess I need to be thankful for what I have and get to use. Many people go through worse than me on a daily basis.

The movie made me miss my family, because usually I can go an hug them and tell them that I love them after I see something depressing. I love you guys!

Tomorrow I have class in the afternoon. I think I am going to spend my morning studying my Italian in a piazza. : ) Have a goodnight.

Ciao. xoxo

No comments: