Thursday, October 13, 2011

i haven’t been home for a while; my panties are still on the line.


I experienced a vacation from my vacation this passed weekend. Starting in Venice all day Saturday, conquering Siena all day Sunday, and finally devouring Florence all day Monday, my passed three days were full of culture, good food & wine, my father, and lots of art. I have not been home, other than to sleep for six hours each night, since Friday. This fact was quite evident after discovering that my laundry was still out on the close line (I washed them Thursday morning.)

Venice was a school field trip to see an art show (I know right. School field trip to a beautiful city in Italy… what kind of school am I going to?!) This city resembles that of a Disneyland theme park, with rivers as streets and the only mode of transportation being boats and your own two feet. It was magical. I instantly fell in love with its rustic buildings and it’s small town aesthetic. The art show it self left me inspired (watch out Salt Lake City, I have a public art movement coming your way.) Thank you Michael for donating the funds to allow me to go on this trip! (Also, I took so pictures of some cuties for you and Grandma.)


















My Father came in that night (after Venice) and stayed until Tuesday. It was great to show him around MY city. We went to Siena on Sunday. I had been there earlier for an art show with Joanna, but I did not really get to look and experience it to the fullest. It was small, yet spectacular. We had a great time.












Monday night we, being my Dad and I, took a one on one cooking class with the cutest Italian Woman ever. We made all the courses from scratch. Pasta, sauces, even tiramisu! Thank you Daddy for such a great time!

Today is thursday, obviously, and I just finished developing "painting with light photographs." Joanna and I did this last night. We sat in the dark, opened the shutter speed on my film camera, and danced a flashlight over things. One of the images we captured Joanna with three heads!! They turned out so amazing! 

I also made my very first pinhole camera today! Cannot wait to use it! 

Ciao Ciao!

xoxo

No comments: