Sunday, October 23, 2011

Happy 500th Birthday Vasari!


I just made the worst pesto pasta ever. I put too much salt it the water and too much balsamic vinegar. I barley ate half of it.

Today is Sunday and it is a little chilly and with a slight breeze. I am rockin’ the hoodie with light make up on, jeans, and fuzzy pirate socks, as I sit in the dark in the living room. The apartment is about to be completely empty because Rachel is leaving with her friend Jenna to watch American Football in an American bar and Joanna is off with Ricardo and his family. Usually I would hate to be left alone, but I am looking forward to quietness after this fun, but always going, weekend.

Friday night, we kind of hosted a party at our apartment. It was supposed to be small. We invited our two German friends (Jasmine and Anna) and then Ricardo and his one buddy. By the end of the night, the German girls had left and six extra friends of Ricardo arrived. It was a blast watching them interact in Italian and just getting to meet them. (It was like my “Judge Boy” phase but Italian style.)

Saturday was the big day. The art show/birthday party for Vasari was finally here. Joanna and I did not get out of bed until noon, and then we made some lunch and coffee, and took the next three hours to get ready. It was like prom. Music was playing and make up was spread across the floor. We were at the studio at four looking fabulous. When the event started I felt like a proud parent. Melania and Charles looked amazing and were glowing with smiles all night. The show was a success. I had a lot of fun taking photographs, but it was very hard to capture the event because most of the art was in the dark with minimal light. I did my best and that is all that matters. Charles gave Joanna and I two bottles of wine as a “thank you” and because there were extra. We staggered home because our feet were tired. The minute we got home we of course drank some wine, ate too much pasta, and played Phase Ten until really early in the morning.

Today was very relaxing. I went out and took photographs on my film camera and using my pinhole camera. It was perfect. Tonight I will do some laundry, edit some photographs, and listen to sweet sweet music.

I hope you had an amazing weekend. Xoxo

**Photographs from the weekend will be posted tomorrow 

No comments: