Friday, October 21, 2011

"I am your number one fan. There is nothing to worry about. You are going to be just fine. I am your number one fan. "


Good morning from a chilly seat in my kitchen. I am positioned by the window, but the entire apartment has a cold air to it. I am eating breakfast that consists of yogurt, cereal, and bananas. (My Mother just passed out, I am sure. I never eat breakfast at home.) The yogurt I am eating is like that “all natural- if you freeze it, it would taste like it is from Spoon Me” and it comes with a little side dish of chocolate cereal pieces that you put in. It tastes great, except for that I accidently bought one with coconut in it, so I had to mix some of Joanna’s peanut butter in to help diminish that grainy taste.

The main reason I am writing to you this early in the morning is to tell you about the films Joanna and I watched last night. I need to get them out of my head. The first one was Misery, based off of a Stephen King novel (so you know where I am heading with this.) It was suspensefully (yes, I know that is not a real word) creepy. I am not one for scary shows, but it was sure fun screaming and closing my eyes with Joanna in her little loft/room. I really badly want to tell you the most famous part, but I wont, in case you get some crazy idea to watch it this weekend.

The other one was called Bowling for Columbine, which is a Michael Moore film (again, his name says everything about what kind of film it was.) It was a documentary about guns and the safety of America. I definitely recommend it, but I will say it was more upsetting then the horror film because it was all true. I have always been really interested in the mind set behind someone who does a school shooting, probably because no one knows because the murderers usually do not walk out alive. It is one of those interests that terrify me at the same time. The thing I got out of this film is that The United States is built on fear and murder, but no one knows the reason that makes us so different from the other countries like Canada who only has three murders every few years.

Today we have cinema and I am not too excited. The room is always really cold and we are only watching weird documentary kind of movies. It is not exactly what I imagined the class being like.

Rachel has a friend visiting for the weekend. Just thought I would tell you.

Tonight we are kind of having a little tiny party in our apartment. When I say party, I mean like five people including the ones who already live here. Our German friends are coming, along with Ricardo and a few of his friends. I hope it is more fun than awkward, but I am sure it will be really awkward.

Also, I just want to inform you that my friends have a band called Jahboodie and then played at Kilby Court last night. Isn’t that so cool? I am really sad that I did not get to see it because one: they are my friends, two: it was at Kilby Court (the best concert place ever) and three: Gabrielle and I would have had so much fun wearing our band shirts she made and dancing along. (It would have been Miniature Tigers all over again, except for the Canadian part.)

We are having a really hard time getting Internet in the apartment lately. I just want you to know that I am alive and well and missing you like crazy.  : ) I hope you have a great day! xoxo

**Title: A quote from Misery 

No comments: