Tuesday, August 3, 2010

don't dial any numbers off of "how is my driving?" bumper stickers unless you want to have sex for 15% off.

I am sitting on deck this morning, just got home from the gym, and I am eating Special K Granola with "a touch of honey." Yum. It tastes good but there are not enough large clumps of honey granola goodness. Bummer. Anyways. I had planned on writing this post yesterday, and then when that didn't happen, last night, but that did not happen because I did not get home till the break of dawn. (Okay i lied. I got home at midnight, but one is allowed to exaggerate for emphasis that I was out last night late.) So anyways. I do not know where I was going with this. . . OH I should tell you about what happen to my mother and I driving today.

So we were driving right, me and mother, (i feel like I said that already) and we came across this car with a bumper sticker on the back that read "How is my driving? Call 1-800- EAT- SHIT" (pardon my french) And my Mother- being the carefree, wonderful, curious, women she is- said "I wonder if that is really someone's number?" To me that clearly was a hint to dial it and find out. I typed it in carefully making to spell EAT SHIT correctly. It rang once. Than disconnected me. I immediately received a text message. I opened it up and it read something along the lines of " Want to have steamy sex tonight with a hot babe in your area? Reply Yes to this number right now and you can get 15% off your next sex session" SO that was abbreviated and it did not have all the language and vulgar terms- i thought i would do you a favor and nit expose your innocent ears to such language. Moral of the story is don't dial any numbers off of "how is my driving?" bumper stickers unless you want 15% off sex.

I think it is high time for a music monday! Yay! I know it is not Monday, and it is in fact Tuesday, but you were deprived of music mondays yesterday so I would like to catch up. (I know this will be only the 2nd time Music Monday's has happened, but let us forget about that slight detail. Okay? Okay.) Today's musical artist is Memory Tapes.  (You probably have not heard of them due to the fact you are probably musically uneducated. But That is why I am here. )


Hometown: New Jersey.
The lineup: Dayve Hawk (vocals, music).
The background: The music of Memory Tapes is somehow creamy yet computerised, rapturous yet rhythmic, danceable yet dreamy. Dreamy is the word: Dayve Hawk, who is Memory Tapes, makes electronic dance music that is like a dream you might have had of a bunch of ghosts, of tribal dance around a blundering fire, or a swirly, psychedelic disco – the songs sound like what you have always imagined the aforementioned artists would make, even if you never got round to hearing them; like all the descriptions, all the evocative adjectives, you have ever read about them, transposed into sound. It's the best thing i've heard all week. (So that is a lie. I do not choose favorites. Songs might get left out.) 
Mr. Tapes is quite aloof and elusive, even if he does state that it's not his intention "to be wilfully mysterious". He's a stay-at-home dad of 28, "just some dude from southern New Jersey", who's "not that great with computers", can't drive, and doesn't own a mobile phone. Typical. He's remixed Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Peter Björn and John, and Britney Spears, which has predictably wowed the blogerati, and Michael Jackson's "people" have invited him to do one for a remix album, although he insists, "I'm not a DJ, and I'm not trying to rock a party" (even though he rocks my party) He describes himself as "a real spaced-out kid – I used to walk around in circles and envision this world happening around me. I would just come home from school and mess around in the basement until bedtime: recording, hooking things up, learning different instruments." He began working on material for Memory Tapes in high school, and ended up "having an email correspondence with the Cocteau Twins", who offered to bring him to England to record at September Sound, but it didn't happen – no phone = no plane ticket to Blighty. Now he makes budget-lavish, languorous disco, over which he warbles ethereally – many assume he's a woman. He's not, he's just in tune with the liquid and libidinal.  




Enjoy. 

Lets talk about that lightning last night. Incredible. I do wish that it was raining, but the flashes in the night sky were insane. Last night in general was pretty enjoyable. It was nice and needed. Especially for my beastie Becca- who had a bad day. Here's a list: (you know how I love my lists) 
  • do not have the dude behind the counter open your sparkling water unless you are going to go drink it right that. it will go flat and it will loose flavor and you will end up drinking it for hours and people will think you are weird
  • did you know you can not really see your computer screen when you are out in the sunlight working? well you can't. 
  • i edited my musical library last night and gave every song a title and artist (i had a lot that didn't have titles are artists.) I am proud of myself. Happy Ipod. 
  • thats what she said jokes are not funny unless sung about in a song by Kramer and Max
  • according to some people- shark week is more important that hanging out with friends
  • Bonniville has a nice play ground but you should not go in the tunnel because things happen in there... AHH 
  • Baja Blast Mountain Dew is not as good as others might say- but it is a taco bell original 
  • you should always carry around a piece of paper and a pen so Paul can write down the titles to every song on your cd that you do not know the names of. 
  • Jocelyn got a new cat. 
  • and last but not least... how many blow jobs is enough blow jobs? 
Have a good day folks. Love you. xoxo 

No comments: