Wednesday, August 18, 2010

written from the coffee shop.


I sit at a coffee shop. Its crowded, tables filled, but with lonely faces. I sit alone. But so does everyone else. I beautiful couple passes me. Elegantly dressed, simple, beautiful. I hope that one day, I look just like that. The man across from me choose his muffin obnoxiously. His lips moving up and down, up and down, side to side. He scratches his left eye brow. Takes another bite. Girl with thick accent passes me. “where did she go?” leaves her red lips. Guy across from me still chews. This time his mouth chomps openly. I write. Wonder if they can here me. I hear familiar voices behind me. Joe. Patrick. Girl with a stomach as if she is pregnant sets down extra large slice of red cake with white icing. She isn’t pregnant. Just fat. Blue tee shirt guy sits down and eats the cake fast before she returns from fetching a cup of coffee. Women is slightly ugly dress writes on pink computer. The computer is tiny. Beautiful couple walks by again. Light turns green across the way. Jogger runs fast. Boy in a scouts uniform crosses with cautioned mother. “what is life when you are not living” says guy with black across from me. Not chewing anymore. I have to pee. I cant leave the table. I will loose it. The table. Light blue shirt man sets ice in cups next to girl in ugly dress and small purple computer. Chow truck drives away. Girl is black sweats throws entire cup of iced coffee away and exists behind me. Obviously gay older man struts next to me with his blue gym shorts pulled too high giving him a wedgie. No I didn’t chew. I am not sure it is happening. Sweet avian girls walk by. Indian looking man walks passed me in a yellow shirt.  I have goose bumps. Its kind of cold. Sunset is gone. Sky is now green clouded. Blue back drop. I smell pot. Gross. Overweight man waddles toward coffee shop. Smiles awkwardly. Brown bag in left hand. Bagels. Guy in black laughs loudly. Its piercing to the ears. Rap music in car that drives by. Unique fashion exists Cahoots. Dating couple passes awkwardly. I wish he would walk by. He wont. I wish to much. Still have to pee. Three bikers cross street. 

No comments: