Saturday, August 7, 2010

a sip of colorado kool-aid

Thursday:

  • My adventure started at about 9:27 am. Our goal was to get out of the house at 9:30- so we were excited that finally the Rotermund family was going to be on time. 
  • We drove for a few hours singing loudly until we reached the beautiful Steamboat Springs where we ate at Johnny B Good's (Gabrielle and I's favorite.) 
  • Stuffed- we shoved ourselves into the big beluga (our giant white tour van) and drove to Winter Park. 
  • After arriving, the crew and myself, walked around town and visited the skatepark to announce that the Concrete Rodeo has arrived. 
  • We were each greeted with flowers and gift baskets. People flew to us asking for autographs  and hugs. An elderly women even came to me and begged me to kiss her child like I was Obama or something. (Okay- i exaggerated a little bit. But only about the gift baskets. haha) 
  • Dinner was delicious and greasy at a local Pizza place. This was a hot spot for visitors and skiers- in the winter time (obviously)
  • Gabrielle and I shared a nice little room at the Viking Lodge (Thank you Cdog) where we stayed up all night waiting for her hair to dry so it would not dry funny and get a natural bump it. (She still got a bump it- actually she got four) 
  • we watched a dread awful movie but it was kind of entertaining
  • i lost in a joke war to Max through text messages,
  • Becca text me her concert situation 
  • I slept soundlessly through the night. 
Friday: 
  • Event Day
  • I felt awful for most of the day. 
  • I slept on a rock like a lizard in the morning during registration
  • we had 36 kids enter!! Biggest event all year! So exciting! 
  • Gabrielle announced! (this is one of her biggest fears but I forced her to do it instead of me so i could take pictures and she rocked the mic) 
  • We stayed at Kristine's house (thank you) in Denver. 
  • The salad at LOLA's was better than my burrito last year. 
  • I slept on the floor (but slept well. I like the floor) 
Saturday: 
  • we drove a lot today. (alot.) 
  • the continental divide was pretty legit. (it has not changed much from last year) 
  • I am currently in Glenwood Springs, Co. 
  • There is a event tomorrow. 
  • Pictures to come. 
  • Goodnight. 
  • xoxo

No comments: