Sunday, February 1, 2009

World Cup Weekend

The madness all began on Thursday evening. Right after school I packed and rushed up with my Mother and sister to Park City. My sister and I had our own hotel room while my Mother and Father had theirs. SWEET! We got ready to go see a concert in the plaza of downtown Park City. I cant remember the name of the band but they were Reggie (spelling?) and awesome!

 The concert was an absolute blast. We got home pretty late and passed out from exhaustion. Way to much dancin'! 

Friday:
  • Woke up around 10 am in our hotel room
  • spent a good few hours shredding up the hills of Deer Valley Resort. It was amazingly beautiful! And warm! The 2nd half of the day I didn't need to wear my heavy plaid jacket
  • At about 5 o clock p.m. we arrived back at Deer Valley for the Ariel Event. MY FAVORITE! 
  • The VIP food wasn't the best, but there was a lot of great cheeses and well... I Love Cheese. ha ha I didn't eat much other than cheese and little of their famous garlic mashed potatoes. 
  • The event was amazing! Gabrielle and I got up to the front row! 
  • Ryan St. Onge (my sister's boy friend wanna be) won which was great! 
  • Fire works were a bummer
  • When we got back to the hotel we decide to go swimming. Now the swimming pool was outside, along with the hot tub. On the surrounding side walks was ice. Me and my sis carefully walked to the pool and swam in the heated water. It was way nice. We wanted to go into the hot tub but it was jam packed with some half pipe competitors (boys) and some of the staff (announcers, judges, ect.(boys) Including my heart throb announcer Luke VanValen. AHH he is cute. :) But anyways. When I got out of the pool the freezing air stung my skin. I was in a hurry to get to the door that led to the warmth of the inside. Right next to the hot tub there was some ice... I'm sure you can guess what happened but i will tell you anyways. I slid. In my swim suit freezing my body smacked hard on the cement. The whole hot tub went "OooH!" in unison and then was quiet. I opened my eyes and I was face to face with Luke. Who smiled took a sip of his beer while the guy next to him asked if I was okay. I was fine- well other than the fact that my hand and foot were throbbing in pain. I got up carefully. Smiled through my pain and walked to the door. Someone in the hot tub yelled " You got a 9.5!" Funny. I got inside and my mother and sister were all worried and embarrassed for me. I wasn't embarrassed. Those things don't bug me. I would have been laughing if I hadn't of scraped my hand and foot with the salt crystals that were failing to melt the ice outside. My foot was bleeding. The whole night I thought of what I would say if someone asked me if I was okay with my slip. No one asked me, but I came up with:
"It was the digger of the day. I stopped that landing with conviction. Walked away with a few cuts and bruises. I was a little disappointed with my 9.5. 
But Hey, better luck next time!"

  • I do wish that I had slipped right into the hot tub with them. I would have gotten up out of the water. I could have played the part. Pain or no pain. Turn around, act like nothing had happen. "Hey guys thanks for letting me DROP in. What did you think of the event?" ha ha it would be priceless
Saturday:
  • The day started with the Half Pipe event at 12:00
  • It was amazing! 
  • The weather was again beautiful 
  • the food (brunch) was delicious. I would tell you but then your mouth would water... trust me


  • I had so much fun. 
  • At around 5 again we headed to Deer Valley for the Dual Mogul event. Pretty Spectackular.
  • The food for the VIP's was a pasta arrangement buffet type thing. Oh and Getalo :) 
  • A few people got injured just during qualifications. One girl got hurt so bad air med had to come in causing a 40 minute delay which was very stressful for my Father (The Event Producer/Organizer) 
  • Gabrielle and I pushed our ways through the crowds again to the front. 
  • I ate dinner with Landon Gardner (competitor) 
  • Met Nate Roberts
  • Saw Jeremy Bloom and Grossi 
  • Froze but was happy
  • HAD THE BEST TIME!! 
These events are what I looked toward to the greatest once the Concrete Rodeo is finished. I would love to help out and have a job but relaxing and enjoying is amazing! ha ha I am sad it is over.

 Now my father has to leave to run another event in Canada, then France, Then Russia. Home. Then Japan. (and who knows where else) 

I have a sunglasses tan line!!!! :) :) 
I don't want to go to school tomorrow. Gag. 
I am sad my team didn't win the Super Bowl. 
See ya! 

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Ha ha very smooth Audrey with the whole Hot tub thing! That weekend sounds like tons of fun though! Miss you!