Monday, July 21, 2008

Overal. I dont want this to end.

Right now I am in Grants Pass Oregon, sitting in a coffee shop. So much has happened this last month i have been away that i dont want to go home. I love traveling to a new place everyday and meeting the coolest people. You may think that I have gotten homesick, but i really havent. The only thing i miss is my Mom and Gabrielle. My friends I have relized can certinally survive without me. Ha Ha. I have made so many new ones. There is that group that travels with us, following us through every event who have become a new little family for me. Im going to write the quick update on my adventure. If I was to write the whole thing you would be here for days!

First of all for those who didnt catch the last post I have been gone since July 4th. I have done a total number of 12 events so far and still have three more to go.

I have sun fried my thighs so bad i couldnt even walk for two or three days and now the back of them have white blisters. It still hurts but i can move thankfully.

I have began to realize how lucky I am to have the life i have. I have been working with a guy who dropped out od Highschool his freshman year and has delt with more sex and drugs that anyone and he is only 17. I have seen the most severe cases of ADD, but those same people are amazing skaters. I have met people who live in the park and have nothing but the clothes on their back and a skateboard and save up all there money just to compete in our events.

While on the road i have created a clothing company that will someday be amazing, called My Bad Clothing Co. (Why "My Bad"? Its the common skater saying that doesnt have a meeting at all. WHen you say "MY BAD" you are not saying sorry, taking blame, or really caring about what happened at all.)

Knuckles are over rated. Elbows in the new thing.

Skaters are some of the sweetest poeple you meet.

Vans are the coolest shoes ever!

I have become friends with these two kids. Tony and Alex. They are about 12 but are way cooler than any of the guys i have met back home. They are so sweet and really funny. For finals Alex is going to get my black vans and Im going to get me a pair of his red ones. Tony has these aviators he let me borrow. I wore them all day looking good. He left early and i still have his glasses. He has been with out them for a few days, im keeping them safe for him for finals. Oops!

For all you guys who think that my trip has been a vacation like no other, think agian. Its a work trip and I only have stayed in a hotel for five out of my 25 night trip. I have slept everywhere- campgrounds, skateparks, by the lakes rivers and streams, under railroad tracks. Its been amazing. I wake up every morning at 6 AM and go to the skate park and un laod a large truck full of boxers, generators, tables, chairs, speakers, amps. I run the event in whatever weather it is and usally end around 5 pm. Just in time to load everything back up. Leaving the park around 7 or 8. I have had Mexican food for dinner everynight. (YUM!)I have a breakfast of a mocha and maybe a fruit. No lunch or snacks during the event. And I freakin love it!!!!!

I have gotton better at skateboarding and have skated every park we passed.

Carmel Mochas and Frapps are amazingly amazing!

But overal. I dont ever want this to end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you've had a pretty stellar trip so far. Gee, sorry the sun got you that bad. O.O But at least you're able to move now! I'm in love with Van's and as well Chucks. Maybe your clothing line will make it big someday! =) Who knows? ;3 and I love Frapps, they're delictable.