Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Named: Unknown

Hey, its me. I'm not sure what I'm going to rant about tonight, but stay with me. I just finished watching Penelope for the 2nd time in a row. It was an amazing film, romance and fairytale of course. It left you with the best feeling. Its all about loving who you are as you are, and not worrying about what others will think out you. I don't know, but You should all check it out.

Speaking about liking who you are, I went to the pool today. No no, I'm not going to talk about how I hate how I look in my swim suit, blah blah. I was laying out, right, and these two girls where in the chairs next to me. They looked like they were ten. Both were pretty and looked like they could fit into the "popular" groups of the 4th grade. The one started talking about suicide. I started to listen in (not ease dropping- listening in) I was interested in why these two young girls were talking about suicide. The one said something about afraid to talk to her Mom about getting medication. The other girls responded by telling her about how talking to her parents about her depression and how she got stronger meds. I couldn't believe the bits and pieces i was hearing. These girls were serious. Two ten year olds talking about suicide. I just cant imagine life being so terrible that I would think that taking my life would solve anything. These girls were cute. They weren't over weight and were not too skinny. I just cant imagine it. I don't know. It was just unreal.

“There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout:

This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision.

When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.”

Tonight my sister threw a little party. She went all out and made invitations inviting my mom, dad, and myself. She went bought ice cream and little party favors all with her own money. After dinner we walked up and rented a movie *Explanation for Penelope* It was so thoughtful for her. It made me realize how much she does for me. Im so thankful for my sister. I need to do more for people, the simple things to make someones day.

Well...til next time! Later!

No comments: