Sunday, December 9, 2012

oh goodness, epic fail.

I haven't posted since last tuesday. That means that you haven't known what to buy your loved ones for nearly a week. I apologize for that and I promise to get you caught up and back on sleigh in no time.


I must first tell you that the concert I went to (two door cinema club, the gaslight anthem, of monsters and men, metric, the shins, and jack white) was absolutely to die for. I feel so fortunate to have seen so many talented artists for a reasonable price and with the lovely friends I have made here. (Gabrielle - please know I wish more than anything that you were here for it.) Also, I must brag that today I bought three pomegranates for $1.50 at the farmers market. Success.

Now - let's get the party started:

Verbaledudette's Gift Guide Day: 13 (wednesday)


Lucky Lucky 13. I am proud to introduce something that I would love (hint hint) to have - the Fujifilm Instax Mini Polaroid Camera

This cute little polar white camera instantly pops out your images in small pocket sizes! What a great way to remember the night or get artsy with mini photographs. SAVE THE POLAROID.

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-MINI-7s-White-Camera/dp/B001AK1DOG

Day 14: (thursday) The Starr X


When I was growing up, we used to have one of these on the chopping block. There is nothing like watching Father pop a beer open off a stationary opener. It is classy, and is an easy way to invite everyone into the kitchen. No more wondering where you last put the bottle opener - because it's on the wall!

http://www.mollyjogger.com/collections/frontpage/products/bottle-opener

Day 15: (friday) A Recycled Holiday Sweater Skirt



I do not know about your mom, but my Mother is a school teacher. And being a school teacher means she gets to where those cheesy holiday vests we all loved growing up. My father even loves them! (Totally sarcastic on that last line) So what better gift to grab for your favorite holiday sweater wearer but a skirt to match!

http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/recycled-holiday-sweater-skirt

Day 16: (saturday) "Diary of A Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel" by Jeff Kinny



"Diary of a Wimpy Kid" is easily going to become a children's classic. The latest book of a series about a young kid trying to survive school was recently released. If your kids (or children relatives/friends) have not read these books and watched the movies - it is a must. Promote reading and fun Parents!

Day 17: (sunday, finally!) "Beasts of the Southern Wild"


This film is breathtaking to watch. It's cinematography is simple, yet stunning and the lead little actress will make you cry. The story follows a little girl, in the deep swamps of the Bayou as a storm approaches (I gathered it as Hurricane Katrina,) and her will to survive, save her family, and keep the tradition of the south alive.  A must see, a must buy.

Whew. Thanks for sticking with me. Less than two week until i come home! I cannot wait!

I am going to leave you with this image of three drunk irish santas we met on the bart ride home from the concert. big city life. : )

xo

No comments: