Sunday, December 2, 2012

i have the room to myself

My music is loud, my hair is pulled up into a bun that is highly unattractive, and I am singing occasionally off tune while dancing around my stool when I feel like it. I also think the dog in the room across the street from me is also feeling this enthusiastic alone time, for he is running around in circles chasing his own chair by the window. I am sure Baha Men's "Who let the dogs out" is his song of choice.

Last night the roommates (and myself) brought in the holiday season by having a December First celebration. This was not only to escape our current studies, but also because we knew the weeks to come are going to be treacherous with final tests and projects. At the beginning of November, we drew names out of a hat for secret santa. Last night, the night began with secret santa gifts. Phoebe was my SS and she got me a new camera strap! It is adorable. I was Paisley's, giving her a large book of movies she must see (because she is a movie addict.) It was fun to see how well we knew eachother. Each gift was so personal. Living in such close quarters with someone has it's benefits.

We then all got our umbrella's and ventured in the rain down to Fisherman's Wharf for the New Zealander's (and Paisley's) first IN & OUT burger experience. Let's just say they were not disappointed. The evening ended with the movie Rent. I could not stop singing a long to every song. Oh how I love that musical.

To sum it up, that is exactly what I needed to brush away a bit of homesickness and start off the holiday season. I am ready for Christmas!

Which brings me to Verbaledudette's Gift Guide: Day Six - IDEA Microgem Headphones


It's a headband! No, it's earrings! No, its earbuds! NO, IT"S ALL THREE. Get these simple, little, yet sweet, pair of headphones for that chic chick in your life. They match anything, look cute, and work! no more walking and loosing those buds out of your ear, place it on your head, swish your hair over it, and TADA it disapears. Don't let your holiday gift list go without listening fashionably this year.

http://www.acgears.com/headphones/japan-imports/idea-microgem-headphones

Sleep well! xo


No comments: