Tuesday, November 13, 2012

i count shutter speeds to go to sleep instead of sheep.


The heater in my bedroom doesn’t work & an art stool as your only chair looks cool but is unstable.

I am obsessed with my work so much that I begin to dream in black and white, with umbrella-covered lights in each of the corners.

I am drowning in art and I do not want to resurface.

Being in art school is constantly inspiring and it makes me want to do more and more and more. The problem is I do not have the resources I want. For example I want a vacant empty large white floored, brick wall studio, multiple models of all looks, all the fashionable clothes in the world (for my models and for me) and every sort of lighting studio equipment possible. (If anyone can provide me with any of these, please feel free to contact me immediately through all sources of communication techniques.) I am producing bodies of work weekly, getting stressed over the perfect shot, and wanting to shoot more.

Ah. It is wonderful.

Where do I even begin to fill you in with the crazy/many events that have encountered my life in the passed week? Let’s start off with The Haberdash.

About a month ago I entered a quick easy contest in SF Weekly for this men’s fashion-thing-that-I-knew-nothing-about. I quickly forgot about it because lots of people liked the post on Facebook; there was no way that I was going to win.

Last Tuesday after class there was an email in my inbox from SF Weekly with the subject header “Congratulations.” Instantly I thought it was spam, but I opened it anyway out of curiosity. Inside was the great surprise of two tickets to the Haberdash: “a celebration of men’s fashion and style.” The tickets were sixty dollars apiece and who got them for free? THIS GIRL.

After corresponding with the nice email lady, my name was put on the special people list.  

Wednesday night, Kayleigh and I adventured to the “hipster convention.”

Bow ties and Movember mustaches lined the sides of the building.

We skipped passed them, got our hands stamped, our names checked off the SPECIAL GUEST list (let me tell you, having them look up my name, saying “Miss Rotermund and plus one?” in front of lines of eager fashion sexual demons was the coolest feeling. It was like movie status, gettin’ in da clubs, droppin’ da namez and shiz.) Inside was a large dance floor area, a lit up enthusiastic bar, a runway, photo booth, and a DJ up on another level (like a god of music peering down on us playing Sky Ferreira’s “Everything is Embarrassing” making my night even better.) The night went as follows: fashion show (with many flamboyant sex symbols parading in nice tuxedos, ties, slacks, and oxfords,) SF local’s the A B & the Sea (folk/pop band) and LA native’s Wildcat! Wildcat! (the oddest looking mismatched to what they sound like band of awesomeness.)

I took over three thousand images (all of which can be seen at www.facebook.com/verbphoto) here are just a few:


Yes please.


No, this is not a man working a sexy set of stilettos. Yes it is a woman wearing a men's inspired attire working heels down the runway.


Matthew Mcconaughey much?


He had the swagger down. A sway to the left, now to the write, stare at the girl in the front to make her uncomfortably excited, stare to her boyfriend, flash the jacket, turn, walk. 


A B & The Sea. So cute, so humble.


Rwar, Wildcat!

 The night to follow Emme, Phoebe, Savannah, and I walked down to the Rickshaw Stop, waiting in line freezing, all in the glorious honor to see Sky Ferreira and Diamond Rings in concert (to which we bought tickets for weeks prior.)
the ladies.


Sky is grungy and wonderful. I melted as I screamed my lungs up my throat and sung terribly to every word, while dancing hard (and rather well if I may boast.) DId i mention we were front row?! We were so close, we could tell she had goosebumps and forgot to shave her knees! 


Diamond Rings is just as exciting live as you would imagine them to be while listening to them on CD. Nothing like a crazy Canadian sweating in a white tuxedo to get you in the mood to jump up and down.



Also, here is a taste of Sky Ferreira’s “Everything’s Embarrassing” music video. She is lovely & everyone should know of her.


So many fun events in so little time!

 I also forgot to mention that the week of Halloween my lovely Mother & Sister came to visit me for a surprise girl’s weekend! It was simply wonderful to play and laugh hard with these two ladies. We went all over, including the Golden Gate Bridge.


my best friends.


pearl "scene" girls.

There is only five weeks left in the semester. Can you believe it? I almost died when my professor gave us the outline for our final projects today.  My finals are going to be huge and hopefully exactly how I am imagining them. I do not want to give any hints or ideas out just in case they don’t go as planned.

I can’t jinx myself when all this creative blood is pumping through my system!

In future Verbaledudette news, I think I am going to bring back Verbaledudette’s Gift Guide. This means that if you stumble upon something that you think would be great items to advertise for the holiday spirit send me an email or post it on www.facebook.com/verbaledudette!

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your Tuesday! xoxo

No comments: