Monday, November 26, 2012

getting into the holiday spirit.

My dear roommate (and friend) invited me to spend the weekend with her and her sweet family as they prepared for December with christmas tree hunting (good old fashion, hike, pick, and saw your own down) and then decorating it. It was relaxing and filled with a good nights sleep and tasty food. Thank you Kayleigh and Family! 

the tree was knew it was the own, so it hopped up and walked to the car.

Left to Right: Bruce (Kayleigh's Step Sisters Boyfriend,) Daniel (Kayleigh's Boyfriend,) and Kayleigh

the tree farm. definitely not Utah.
 no show in these mountains and Christmas tree hunting in short sleeves? What is up with that?
I couldn't say "Audrey's eyes are frozen, she will see it later" quoting Christmas Vacation because it was not cold! 

Part of the gang! 

The beautiful Katelynn, Kayleigh's sister. 

Last week I was surprised to find a large package in the mail for me. Inside was a countdown calendar from my sister. It was those cardboard, square chocolate, calendars that have surrounded the holiday seasons through out my childhood. Instead of counting down for Christmas, my instructions were to count down to coming home. Today was the first day of twenty five. Let the count down begin. 

Like last year, to count down Verbaledudette will host the ultimate gift guide to help you with your weeks of merriment. I am going to begin it today (another way to count the days until I get to go home to Salt Lake City, a place where I am in incredibly homesick for recently.) 

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

Verbaledudette's Gift Guide Day One: A Penfield Oxon Messenger Bag

oh yes. 

For that hip, bike riding, class act in your family - do not hesitate one bit to pick up this gender neutral bag. Perfect for lap tops, school supplies, baby sitting stuff, traveling, knitting needles, and much much more! It is a "rugged satchel- style messenger bag from Massachusetts... tough cotton canvas shell with a full leather trim." 

The easiest place for you to buy this beauty is Urban Outfitters (sold in stores and online.) Get yours today! 

Have a wonderful evening! Happy Monday!  

No comments: