Saturday, April 18, 2009

I still have sand in my shoes and I can't shake the thought of you.

Close your eyes. Just kidding open them or else you would not be able to read the words on this post. That would be a problem. I have an idea, read it and i will tell you when to close your eyes. Okay, While reading imagine sand grains squeezing between your bare toes as water slides up smoothing the sand away. The sound of the waves crashing against rocks in a far distance. The sun is setting creating a mosaic of color stretched across the already light blue sky. There are no clouds, just the birds flying by. Palms trees reach there branches to the sun soaking in its warmth as they sway with the light trickles of wind now and them. Its beautiful. You feel like time has stopped, but you don't mind. Spending forever in this timeless place doesnt seem like a bad idea. Forgotten worries slide back with the tides. They are unneeded. This is where i spent my Spring Break: Mission Bay, San Diego, California.  
It was a beautiful place. One where i could easily move to in a heart beat. Spending a week there seems like it could have been enough time but by the time it was time to go I felt like the trip had just began. We arrived on Saturday. That evening a large paddle boat came to the shores of our hotel begging to give us a ride. My family and I could not refuse the tour around the bay. Sunday was Easter. Did you know the easter bunny comes to you when you are on trips too? Well he does. Instead of a basket, the ice bucket was filled with yummy treats and chocolates. We spent the day at the beach. Monday was Seaworld while Tuesday was the Zoo. 
Not only the zoo but that evening was a night on the town with a fancy dinner with Leonardo as our waiter, shopping spree at my all time favorite store URBAN outfitters, and ice cream at the most amazing place ever. We even got our our cab driver to crank the radio and we all sang along. All to celebrate my parent's 20th anniversary Wednesday was the beach. Thursday was a night in vegas. It was amazing. 

Oh how i could go on about the wonders of the place. But I am afraid it might take to long and the battery on the lap top is slowly slipping away. I will talk to you later. 

One week away it feels like the world should've changed 
But I'm home now 
And things still look the same 
I think I'll leave it to tomorrow till unpack 
Try to forget for one more night 
That I'm back in my flat on the road 
Where the cars never stop going through the night 
To real life where I can't watch sunset 

No comments: