Sunday, September 28, 2008

Maiden Oregon

What is up readers from wherever? I am currently exhausted and laying in my twin sized bed! YAY! Life for me has been pretty exciting lately. You could say that the "Unthinkable" has been happening. The madness started on a lovely Thursday:

Thursday:

Walking down the hall of the crazy B floor during a lunch can be an adventure on its own. That is where our story begins. I was walking to math (3rd period B days) through the floods of hungry teens at 1st lunch, when i felt a wee tap on my shoulder. I turned to see that it was Alvan, in his bright blue shirt, from my health class on A days. The conversation to follow went something like this:

Audrey: Hey
Alvan: Hi, your in my health class right?
Audrey: Yeah? Whats up?
Alvan: Well...remember on like the 2nd day of class you did you little about me page thing?
Audrey: Yeah (*how could i forget, i felt like an idiot cause only three in the class actually did what they were supposed to*)
Alvan: And you said you skated?
Audrey: Yeah
Alvan:..............(pause)
Audrey: I am not very good, like I cant do any tricks, but i can stay on the board.......
Alvan: Well...i was wondering....if you would...like to go skate with...me today?
Audrey: Oh. I would love to, but I already made plans. I'm so sorry.
Alvan: Oh (disappointed look on his face)
Audrey: Sometime soon though, I promise.
Alvan: Alright! Um...well...have a good weekend. I will talk to you later.
Audrey: For sure. See ya.

I was late to math. Oh well it was worth it. The rest of the school day was a drag so I will just skip that. -fast forward- After school Natalie and I hung out and went and got food that was so unhealthy for us at emogration. YUM. We just talked, talked, talked, and such. Then we went to the park and talked again. While at the park this old man came and sat on the empty park bench near us. He started telling us about the wonders of technology and cell phones and his life. They he asked "You both are LDS right?" Natalie answered yes, I not being LDS answered no. He looked at me and said "It will happen." And walked off. What a creeper? Ha ha I found it funny, not that being LDS is a bad thing, but saying that made me laugh. Funny stuff.

Okay so the whole time, Natalie and I were talking about hanging out with Matt Webb (the new hot shot in town. ha ha not really, okay well he is cute, never mind, you get the idea) So what did we do, called Matt and invited him over to my house. It was a blast. First I had to give the new guy in town directions to my house, which i accidentally messed up on. (For all who know me, I am not a good directional giving person, right? of course right!) But he eventually showed up. When he parked his nice truck in my drive way, all three of us walked up to Emogration. After fooling around in the store (drawing our names in the frost glass of the frozen department, Matt spraying my "water proof" jeans with the veggie water hose thing, and teasing Natalie) we bought cook your own cinnamon rolls. I payed, We walked home. The rolls only took like 10 minuets so we started playing Phase 10 (my sister too) which was a completely laugh out load experience! I still think Matt made up some rule about all the same colors, blah blah, but whatever! :) We only made it to like Phase 4. The rolls were okay, but Matt and Natalie sure enjoyed them. I think each of them had three. "Matt: Strong men fight with phase cards....Audrey: Weak men fight with frosting on their face! (ha ha crowd goes wild)" Good times. Matt had to leave at 10 so we said our goodbyes. He hugged Natalie and I, and then gave my sister this weird hand hug. WEIRDIE. But she couldn't get over the fact that a senior guy thought her red pants were cool. (cute) That was such a fun evening. I hope we do it again soon, so I can win Phase 10 once and for all! :)

Earlier that day, over a dinner of pizza, my father informed me that he is taking me with him early Friday morning to Myrtl Point Oregon, to help run the Concrete Rodeo Event. AHH!

Friday:

At four in the morning, I left to Oregon. My father was driving, our other work member JJ was in the front seat, and me...well..um..snoring in the back. Driving up the street and asked me Father

"Hey, did you grab my skate shoes and put them in the bad?"
Father: "Ya for sure, i promise."
Me: "Okay, good. Thanks, cause if you hadn't of I wouldn't have any shoes at all"

Sure enough, about thirty minuets later, my Father, received a text from my mom reading: "I think you forgot Aud's skate shoes. Happy Shopping! :)" So Yes, I was shoeless. We drove and drove. When it came time to stop in Winnimucca for breakfast, I was still shoeless. I put on my ONLY pair of socks and walked into the restaurant like it was no big deal. I ate food and was never questioned about my shoes. So, we kept driving. We stopped at Jack's Board House in Medford Oregon. (Jack's houses the most hard core skaters out there. Thrasher magazine has written that "even the eight year old are drinking beer while skating." Coolest place ever." My buddy Justin Shirley helped me pick out these wicked awesome guy shoes and helped me with sizes. I was sold. (no i do not have a picture to post) When paying for them with help from Rita (the shop owner) Tyler Albright (another skater i have grown to know) asked:

Tyler: "Hey Konrad (my father) have you ever been to Myrtl Point."
Father: "Once..."
Tyler: "Man that place is scary. I have gone once to skate. I was skating down the street and people started coming out their ghetto homes and just sat there at stared at me. I felt like I was going to me abducted. The Myrtl Point massacre!"
Father & Audrey: "ha ha ha ha"
Audrey: "well if you were scared the rest of us are dead!"

That my friends was a true. If Tyler was afraid, then we were all done for. Cause Tyler was a tough kid! ha ha His statement turned out to be slightly false. Sure the town was empty, and a little run down. But people weren't rising out of their homes like bodies from graves. We stayed at the Grandmother of all skaters, Carolyn's, house right across the street from the skate park. It was so awesome. Here was this 75 year old lady who had committed her self on building a skate park for the children on Myrtl Point. She had made scrap books from the beginning of it all. Newspaper articles, photographs, fliers, invites...The whole sha-bam. She said that a few skaters were going to camp in her yard for the night. When I went out with one of the skaters to help him with is tent, the whole skate community of Oregon, seemed to be back there. It was quite the party. Lucky me, got to share a bed with good ol' dad. It was big enough for the both of us, so it wasn't bad.

At about 3 in the morning i woke up because our bedroom door was being open. I layed very still. Two giggly girls with a flash light walked in looking for the bathroom which was indeed connected to our room. I thought we were going to have the classic three in the morning, two girls who have had to many beers, pee a thon. It was perfect. The one was walking and didn't realize the bed. She tripped slightly and before putting her hand on my dad, freaked out. Thin she was whispering she shouted to her friend who was right behind her "THERE IS A BED HERE! WITH PEOPLE! (giggle giggle)" The two stumbled in to the bathroom. It was the shut the door and think no one can hear you deal that followed. You heard them talking all about how they hate camping and how their boy friends were so sweet and cute. Blah blah. The door opened, and the one girl said "hey hurry up! lets get the f*** out of this F****ing room." Then they were gone. Funny. Its going into the books.

Saturday:

I woke up at 6 am to find grandmother Carolyn had made a breakfast to feed an army. We ate then left to go set up for the event like a usual skate event morning. Walking out in the back, there were tents everywhere! It was awesome.

The event went well. A lot of wonderful skaters and people. There was this one guy that had painted his face to look slightly like the newer version of the joker from batman. I'm sure it had something to do with the Insane Clown Possy or something. But I found it awesome! (I will put pictures up once I download them all!)

We backed up and got in the car and drove away. About an hour later my Father asked if anyone knew where the money bad with about $$690 was.....no one knew. We stopped at the next gas station and made a frantic search. Pulling out verything , and unloading the whole truck. It was not found. After discussing it, we came to the conclusion that it had indeed been stolen from us. I can't imagine needing to steal from an event like this. It must had been a new parent who didn't know us. Cause all of our skaters respect what we do. This event is the least profitable for our family and as a job. In fact we lose money every year for it. But we put it on for the kids and love of skateboarding. Unbelievable.

Later that night after having some Mexican food. We camped. My father only brought a sleeping bag for JJ and a one man tent so I got the pleasure of sleeping in the truck, which was so much fun.


Sunday:


We drove home today. 15 ong hours from Oregon to Utah. I had an exciting trip and I am really said to have to say goodbye to the skate events for the year. Now we have skiing, which I love the world cups, but its not the same. Skaters are more real. They are down to earth and face struggles everyday. Fact: not even a few are like poser Ryan sheckler. The skiers have money, so its not such a big deal to win a back pack with a shirt.


Sunday night is when I end this here post. Its late and I should go to sleep to catch up on my zzzz's for school tomorrow. Which I am not excited for. I promise to put up some photos of the event, because i caught some sick shots of the wonders of skaters with my new camera. 'Till then- Goodnight. <3


***to explain the title: Tyler Albright, skater for Jacks Board Shop, has MAIDEN OREGON tatoo on his back in the same font as Iron Maiden's logo.*******


Oh yeah....And you all should comment so I feel loved and wanted! Thanks Punks and Punkettes!

No comments: