Monday, September 15, 2008

Dew Tour, School Days, and More...OH MY

Where can you find both good looking skateboarders and amazing talent at the same time? The DEW TOUR of course! Starting on Thursday afternoon all the way through Sunday night, I went to enjoy the wonders of the AST Dew Tour. It was so amazingly amazing. Thursday afternoon, not too long after i came home from school, Me, Gabrielle (my sister/best friend), and my Dad took Trax downtown to the Delta Center (I know, I know, "Energy Solutions Arena", BLAH) where the festivities were being held. We watched the pre-lims of the skatepark comp. (Pre-lims= the qualification round for the finals) Thats where I saw my all time favorite person in the whole wide world! *Christian Sereika!* (*see bottom for definetion) Ah he is beautiful! Sadly, he didnt make it to the final round. Oh well. Good looks wont get you everywhere.

Friday night we trax'd down and watched the BMX dirt biking. (Normal BMX bikes, doing crazy stunts/tricks off huge mounds of dirt) This was thrilling. I have never been a big fan of BMX bikers, mostly because they are always cutting in front of you at skateparks, but the tricks these men were pulling off were SUPER. Gabrielle and i took our "Special Guest" passes and sat at the top of the bleachers next to these two skaters. Neither were too atractive but they were funny as can be. We screamed until our voices let out. After the BMX comp, we watched a heavy metal band play and sweat (and sweat and sweat) They were pretty good. I honestly can't remeber the name of the band, but it was made up of four guys all 15 or 16. They were difficult to watch cause they kept making strange faces and pounding their heads (filled with tons of hair as long as mine) to the beat. Strange. Ha ha




Saturday was the skate park finals, which were breath taking. Gabrielle and I got the best seats (next to Tanner, Jimmy, and Eric...who are guys that go to East but never really talked to me cause...um...i dont know why) The tricks were amazing. And little 14 year old Chaz took home 1st (beating that poser Ryan Sheckler)! That kid was sick! The ollie up on the rail and backward ollie made me stand up from my seat screeming! It was so intense. And the jam...GOODNESS! This is also the event where I met my true love. Delino. He is from Brazil and competed. I wanted him to win so bad, he didnt. But wow. But overal this was my favorite event! It was so amazing!

Sunday we watched the Vert Finals (half pipe, skateboarders flying out, good stuff) which was fun, but we had terrible seats. Our seats gave the deffinition of birds eye view.The skater below looked like little lego dudes (Good thing for the jumbo traun) But it was a good show; This is the kind of thing people like Bucky Lasik and Shawn White do (Shawn didnt qualify for it though) I fell in love with this cutie (also from brazil) name Adam Taylor. He got fourth overal which was amazing! I had a wonderful time at the tour! And I can't wait for next year.

School Stuff:

So today for the first day of Thourghly Modern Millie Practice. It was fun, i guess. There are these two annoying freshman who are way cute, but way to excited about drama in every and anyway. Actually i think they are excited about anything! AH! But I think it will be fun. Annie has the perfect voice for Millie! I have high hopes!

Also in the world of theater, my 3/4 drama class is putting on a production of Wylie and the Hairyman! It will be awesome. And guess what! I am the student director! YaHOO! We already held auditions and created a cast list which I am totaly sure about! It will be fun,

I fell asleep in history today.

Well I think thats all folks!

xoxo
Audrey Ann

*Christian is my crush for forever! He has compete in numerous concrete rodeo events and it beautiful! I am not kidding. AHH! And everytime i see him he gives me $25 dollars and his phone number..(sure that only because i am in charge of registration and every boy who walks up to the white tent does, but no one needs to know that!) **

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

okay seriously! I am so jealous that you got to go to all those awesome events! And I still call it the delta center. that is what it will be forever... energy solutions? honestly that has no ring to it at all!

You're student director?! Congrats! I am really excited to see it. Is it before Millie? Promise you'll let me know when it is?