Monday, July 11, 2011

all it was, was a girls day getting pedicures

Day Seven is a song that reminds you of a certain event.

Now let me paint you the picture. I do not remember how old I was at this moment but it was my cousin Kellie's wedding week. Danielle (my other cousin,) Gabrielle (my sister,) and I had just gone to lunch at the mall after getting pedicures. Danielle was driving, I was in the front seat, and she said "Have you girls heard of Mika?" This was back in the day before music became my life, but I had recently heard "Grace Kelly" by Mika, at my friend Lauren's dance performance. Anyways, she put on the song "Big Girls (You are Beautiful.)" We danced and sung along to it over and over again until I knew every single lyric. Every time I hear that song, or Mika in general, I think about how fun that car ride was and how one day the three of us will go to a Mika concert together. It is bound to happen.


(Photograph of the three of us at the wedding. From left to right: Me, Danielle, & Gabrielle) 


So after that long introduction, I am proud to present "Big Girl" by the one and only fabulous Mika.


Happy Music Monday also! I started doing music mondays a while ago but then fell out of it. But today I have a special song for you. This is for you people who like a little electronic/dance mix. 


Mindkilla by Gang Gang Dance 

Enjoy! 

No comments: