Tuesday, January 5, 2010

To readjust you've got to trust that all the fuss is just a minor thing


Good Evening. School is back in session. Yes it does ring that miserable bell of suckiness that none of us want to hear. Its only Tuesday- he 2nd day of the school week- and I am ready for the weekend. That is just not right. I feel crammed and have been doing nothing but homework that passed two nights cause I feel overwhelmed for some reason that I need to get everything done! Ah! Its so annoying.

Do you know what else is annoying? Dances. Yes they are all great fun- but they cause serious drama. Who to go with, if the person will fit in a group you are going with, if the group will like the person you are asking to be in the group with you, what to do for activities, staying with the same group of people- for every dance, making sure everyone gets ask, paying attention to peoples feelings, planning, dealing with the person who acts like they are in charge, getting a say in about what you think should happen, getting organized- all for just one night of a few songs to jump around to in a group of sweaty high schoolers. Gross. I have had this conversation with those who are labeled my parental guardians and they talk about how going to dances used to be a boy calling you up on the phone asking if you want to go (non of the cheesy Utah tradition of asking you to "plant" your arms around me for the dance and leaving a plant with your name on the leaves crap..) and then you would pick up your date- go to dinner, and go to the dance and have a good time. No drama. Fun. Yeah. Not now. Its drama drama drama. But what are you going to do? Im going to deal with it and stop blabbering about this crap. I just had to spit it out somewhere. Lucky you. :)

Tonight I had a "study" session with Natalie at Sugarhouse Coffee. I got a lot done- kind of. I got really frustrated when I looked in the back of the book for the definition of Panic of 1857 but they had every other panic but the one I wanted. Just my luck, right? Right. Natalie and I always have the most interesting conversations about well... everything. I love it! Thanks Nat-a-lie!!

This just made me laugh because it is so true... look at your newsfeed on facebook from the beginning of the week and see how many people posted something like this dude: Haha


Well its time for me to close my eyes and do that thing called sleep. You should try it too.
Good Night!
xoxo

Title: "Minor Thing"- The Red Hot Chili Peppers

3 comments:

Natalie said...

:)

<3

Anonymous said...

dabg gurl YOU shold've my article for the newspaper haha

Anonymous said...

ok if you hate dances so much, why the hell would you ask someone?