Sunday, January 31, 2010

it takes more than a heartbeat to get me

Title: "Much too long" - The Sounds

This weekend has be rough.

  • I didnt go to Sadies 
  • but instead I sat home at had a girls night with my Mother and Sister. 
  • We ordered Pie Pizza
  • and watched Paper Hearts 
  • Then I watched A Walk to Remember for the first time balling my eyes out
  • Saturday I did homework
  • went to Grandmas
  • came home and watched P.S. I love you for the first time and cried again
  • Sunday my Father came home
  • I did homework
  • I didnt understand my homework
  • I didnt finnish my homework
  • I found out I got Beccas Play
  • but i dont get the script until she prints it off
  • which i dont know when that could be 
But what I am trying to get at is the whole weekend I was slightly depressed and watched sad movies about love. Something is wrong. . . Haha Tomorrow is school which I am dreading. I feel so unprepared- but yet I finished everything due tomorrow. I dont want to see the people I was supposed to go to Saidies with. I dont know if they are still mad at me even though the dance is over. I know one is. I dont want to hear about how wonderful, but I want to know the stories and feel a part of it. Ah. Enough blabbering. 

So the next part i wrote a little write up about Paper Hearts. Anthony Badger used to always pick on my poor movie write up skills because he was like amazing at it. So I have been working on it. : ) 

Paper Hearts: Have a good night! :) xoxo 



Initially the film starts as a straight-up
documentary, with Charlyne on a quest to find out whether or not love truly exists and if she will ever find it. She hits the road with her friend and director Nick, interviewing people all across the U.S. about their thoughts on the nature of love, hearing their stories and ideas. The movie changes after she attends a party and meets Michael for the first time. The two hit it off, and from here on in, her relationship with Michael becomes a central part of the movie. The documentary crew starts to follow them on dates as Charlyne refuses to admit that she might actually be in love. It is basically Charlyne’s show from start to finish, and while I don’t think she’s entirely hilarious, she is very cute, loveable, and easy to root for especially when she laughs. It also helps that her desire to find answers about love is genuine. She manages to write some of her musical skills into the movie, and creates cardboard puppet sequences in order to “act out” some of the stories that various couples tell about their relationships which add a fun element to this documentary. Not only is Paper Heart charming and funny, but it’s also cleverly constructed and refreshingly original. I absolutely loved this movie. It is a movie unlike anything you’ve seen before, but it’s not gimmicky or forced. Somehow it just works. What is the meaning of love? Is it just a biological reaction to a psychological state, or is there also something magical about it? Paper Heart doesn’t have all the answers, but if there’s one thing it teaches us, it is that laughter brings us all a little bit closer together. And love forms when the lightning bolt strikes. :)

Have a good night! :) xoxo 

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I am sorry that your weekend was bad. :( We really need to hang one of these weekends or something. You are a good movie critic though, and now I really want to see Paper Heart!! Hope your Monday is going well, can't wait to see you Wednesday!! :)