Wednesday, October 14, 2009

call me but(t) love

Picture of the Post:

Have you ever noticed, while you are sitting in class, boredom pouring into your brains while you work on a problem, that when the bell goes off to go exit- everyone (or nearly everyone) looks up? Why is this? It bugs me, its like an instant que. Bell. Head Up. Bell Head Up. Its like we are all waiting for some message to come from the ceiling or that the roof above us with simultaneously collapse on our heads.


Shakespeare. He wrote in a whole different language. He was brilliant. He was insane. And He hated women. And I spent a whole weekend with him. For the dramatics department of East High School we went down to Cedar City to the Shakespearian Competition. Now I have never been to a camp or school trip that entitled me to sleep elsewhere then my own home. This trip was exhilarating, educational, and so much fun! We left Thursday at 12:00 p.m., promptly after failing a chemistry test, on a large school bus with East High School labeled across the side of the giant yellow canvas.
  • I sat with miss Eliza (Leeeeza) on the bus- which was quite an adventure on its own.
  • We stayed at the Best Western right on the campus.
  • Our room was 251 : )
  • My roomates where: Amy, Eliza, and Laura (best group ever)
That night we went to see an amazing edition of MacBeth. I have never seen Shakespeare performed like this before. The costumes and make up resembled that of of a punk rock goth theme that I personally thought added to the scene. Although it was freezing in the outside theater- the play was a delight to watch.

  • The hot tub had too much chlorine in it and made your eyes hurt and your throat choke just being down in the basement next to it.
If you ever get the chance to see a play while down in Cedar City I would suggest The Complete Works of Shakespeare. This had to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Three (cute) men doing all of Shakespeare's work in 97 minutes!

East did a good job over all, walking away with three tech awards, and the feeling of relief. I can't wait to go back next year.

But I do think that all of us are suffering from a Shakespearian Hangover. : )

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Ha ha sounds like quite the adventure! People from my school went to that too but they missed Homecoming! Shakespeare is pretty intense!