Monday, August 24, 2009

"she started shakin' to that fine fine music!" The Velvet Underground, 'Rock & Roll'

Im going to start this post by saying how disappointed I am of you who call yourselves readers, followers, and subscribers. My last post- I thought- was brilliant. The story of a night in the wonders of Geek-dome. But.. NO! You people didn't even comment on it. I was sure that I was going to have a mountain of delighted readers comments that are at least one word long like "cool" or something. Not even a comment of amazement towards my new found version of rock, paper, scissors?! Come on people. (Only my sister commented and that is because she felt sorry for me.) Tsk. Tsk. And you call yourself devoted readers.... : ) 

Any who. Have you ever read a book, and you and the main character are so much alike? Its creepy cool, right? 
Well that is what I have fallen into with my current read: "Audrey Wait!" By: Robin Benway. I saw this book on the shelf and had to buy it because it HAD MY NAME ON THE COVER! 
I personally felt cool. So I bought it and as I started to read it I began to realize that Audrey in the book and I were more a like than just our name. Heres the reasons a) cover of the book- we look a like haha b) she loves music c) she randomly braids her hair. I do the same thing (and often get teased by my little sis for it.) 4- she is working on a collage in her room where she is covering the whole wall with images. I am doing that to- except im covering my door because my Mother doesn't want me to put tape on the wall so when I pull it off the paint comes to... Strange happenings. We do have our differences though- like breaking up with a boyfriend and having him write a song about me. But that is so not important. I personally found that exciting that me and this book and are like similar and so I thought you should know too! *image on the right is my copy :D pretty sweet huh? 

3rd topic of discussion is Music. (and my love for it... duh!) If you really want to know something about me, you should know this: I like my music loud. I mean loud. I'm not talking the kind of loud where your parents knock on your bedroom door and ask you to turn it down. 
Please. That's amateur hour. When I say loud, I mean you-cant-hear-your-parents-knocking-and-the-neighbors-are-putting-a- FOR-SALE- sign-on-their-house-and-moving-to-another-block-because-they-can't-handle- the- constant- noise-anymore loud. You have to turn it up so that your chest shakes and the drums get in between your ribs like a heartbeat and the bass goes up your spine and fizzles your brain and all you can do is dance or spin in a circle or just scream along because you know that however this music makes you feel, its exactly right. If your not this kind of person, then I don't think we'll be great friends. Music can help you like all the time. It's like when something horrible happens to you and you wonder, how will i ever live another minute without freaking out about this? Put on music. And then a minute will go by  without you thinking about it, and then an hour, and pretty soon your life goes back to normal and you can't even remember what had you all upset. Like what Bob Marley & the Wailers, said in 'Trenchtown Rock'- "One good thing about music / when it hits, you feel no pain."

My current playlist of top ten favorites: 
*******Note that the numbers mean nothing in order of liking them- its just to help me count to ten. 
  1. Fireflies: Owl City 
  2. Hotel Room Service: Pitbull 
  3. I can't stop Laughing: The Trews
  4. Smile: Uncle Kracker
  5. West Coast: Coconut Records 
  6. Hollywood Bowl: Band of Skulls
  7. Wanted: Jesse James
  8. Save Your Soul: Jewel 
  9. Boom: Anjulie
  10. Please Dont Touch: Polly Scattergood 

Dudes and Dudettes- if you like something in this post LEAVE A COMMENT for the sake of the gods and goddesses of this world and others. I hate to feel unloved! And why do you always comment on the lame posts and never on the ones I find extremely interesting? Hmm? Yeah- thats what I thought! 

Peace, Baby. 

15 comments:

Anthony said...

That copy of the cover creeped me out. Imma have nightmares. There's a comment, now you know I read it.

Mrs. Rotermund said...

Wow! You are an amazing, passionate writer! I so enjoy your words! I can't believe your mom won't let you put tape on the wall of your room!

Audrey said...

Audrey! I am going to have to read that book now! Ha ha I liked your cover of it too! I love music too and totally agree with you about the loud thing and Fireflies by Owl City my last blog I put that song up. I am sorry I didn't comment on your last post the rock paper scissors thing was pretty niffty. You get more comments then I do anyways on most of your posts! Love you and can't wait to see you wednesday!!!

Audrey said...

Also how did you get that tweet thing on your blog?? Tell me!

little scarlette said...

Haha love your blog!!


mynaturalanthem.blogspot.com

Ming Min said...

Hey thanks for visiting http://www.mattressesandmetal.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Ming

Unknown said...

wow that was the best one i have read yet! nice work! thanks for mentioning me in there i love you and your blog!!!! =D

mayte. said...

I like your blog!

Taryn said...

I like your writing :) it made me LOL literally. and as for loud music...I get my fill when I'm at the dance studio we make the floor shake and get the cops called on us hehee

Jaron said...

Haha! Audrey, That was really fun to read. Bytheway, this is my first comment on any blog ever! Personally, I loved how you totally personalized the book you are reading and made it like you're reading a story about yourself. Also, I think that it so cool that a guy would write a song about you.

daisy kate said...

I love the velvet underground! :)
thank you for your comment recently sweet :) www.dazedyoungmess.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

Thanks for the comment on my bloggity blog! :)

I have yet to come upon a book with someone named Natalie as the heroine, but if I did I would definitely buy it too. My mom won't let me put tape on my wall either, so I just stick tack instead, it doesn't leave a mark! Although it might be a pain to take a whole wall of pictures down, but I'll deal with that when the time comes :P

Oh, and I love Owl City :D

Anonymous said...

OMG! you had me fooled! i was looking at both book covers before i read your post and i was like "shoot! they got her on the cover instead of that girl!" lmao! you super-impose queen! btw, i think messy and randomly braided hair are sweet! :)

Foxy Ladies. said...

oh aud. you make my life. the cover pic is great. and the way you discribe music, i COMPLETELY agree. thats like, what i could never get my words to say. :)

Anonymous said...

в конце концов: восхитительно!! а82ч