Monday, August 1, 2011

the ordinary mind is broken, you did it and you don't even know

Good morning. This post is being written from my kitchen table on an absolutely rainy beautiful day in Salt Lake City. Everything is so green. (Except for the section of dead grass over the fence and on the hill. It could rain all it wanted on that piece of dry straw, but there is no hope for grass to be its natural color of golfers green. Oh well.) I was celebrating this rain fall in the title of this post. I know it has nothing to do with rain, but it is indeed lyrics from the song "Rain" by Mika. Thus proving my point that it has something to do with anything.

I went to the gym this morning. It was a pretty typical morning for the ol'Body Wise work out center. 9:00 A.M. is "old people who should not be seen in spandex doing aerobics in neon spandex listening to the Black Eyed Peas while breathing heavily day because there spandex is too tight" time. I do not participate in this lovely event (although I did have my spandex on) but watching it while I sweated on the elliptical trainer gives me up most motivation and delight. (I did almost come to a puking point when the instructor bent over to stretch giving me a view of old, sweaty, saggy, old people bottoms.) I guess the moral of this paragraph is: the gym is a great place for me to get my morning sweat on AND for old people to get dates, work out and wear their spandex from the 80's.

This is a big week for me. Today I am going to finnish painting the kitchen. We (being my mother and sister and I) painted it a nice Tuscan Sun Yellow. (My mother calls is "Baby Poop," my sister calls it "Pooh Bear," my father calls it "Squash" and my Grandmother calls it "Different.") I will also clean my room and the hallway. It's a big day. On wednesday I will go to the dentist so they can knock my front tooth out and glue a fake one in its place. On thursday, I have nose surgery. See I cannot breathe through my nose, at all. I can smell (that seems to be the question everyone wonders when I say I cannot breathe, so i saved you the time from asking.) My nose is too small (ecspecially my nostrals,) I am allergic to everything that grows, and these little things that line my nose (they start with a "T" but I am too lazy to find out the precise name) are all swollen clogging my breathing passages. So this doctor is going to get his tools out and drill me some bigger holes up my nose and play around in there until I can breath correctly. Doesnt that sound delightful? Its like we are paying some guy to pick my nose for me for 45 minutes while I am unconscious until my nose is clear and air flowable.  

Now it has come to that time of the post where I do this Song Challenge thing. It used to be fun, but now it has become something kind of tedious and predictable. Take lasts posts for instance "A song you can play" and "a song you wish you could play" and then there is the "a song you like" "a song you don't like"  and "a song you want at your wedding" "a song you want at your funeral." We are just going down the list opposites. Do you really think someone is going to go back on to this site to find out what song I wanted to be played at my funeral? I think not. Its been real, but it has become real boring. But I will finnish the challenge.

Day 28: A song that makes you feel Guilty (not to be confused with "a song that is your guilty pleasure")


"Tempted By the Fruit of Another" by Squeeze

Now I personally love this song and it doesn't make me feel guilty at all, but I am sure it makes someone else feel guilty and it makes me feel bad for those who do feel guilty. (I guess? haha.) 

Happy Music Monday! I leave you with this fun song called "Whirrling" By: The Joy Formidable 

No comments: