Monday, August 29, 2011

il mondo guarda molto più piccolo da qui

Title: The world looks a lot smaller from here 

I never thought this day would arrive. It seems like just yesterday I was googling "Italy" and "Photography" in the same sentence and bugging the people of Florence on how I can get into their art program, when in reality it was four years ago. It seems like just yesterday I got the email confirming my acceptance while I was in a ski official meeting for the World Championships where I had to keep quiet and not squeal all over the place. It seems like just yesterday this day, the eve of my departure, was many not in view. 

But here I am. 

My suit case is packed tightly with hipster sweaters and oxford shoes. I have my flight itinerary all ready to be printed. I am physically prepared, but mentally it has not sunk in yet. 

It's bitter sweet saying goodbye to my friends and family but I know how fortunate I am to have this exciting and cultural experience. I am so lucky. (that one is for you Father.) 

This is where I will be posting my everyday experiences for the next four months. Follow my stories here. Bookmark it. Comment your email and I will add you to the mailing list. Follow Verbaledudette on facebook. Don't forget me just because I have changed countries! 

I leave bright and early tomorrow. Cheers to the experience of a life time! 

Ciao. 

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I am going to miss you SO much, but I know it will be an amazing experience!! Love you twinnie!! <3
My email: am0913@westminstercollege.edu