Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Sister's Keeper, The Half Blood Prince

When your on the road a good book is always something to have. For me this last trip I brought along My Sisters Keeper. I had seen the preview for the movie and started crying in that (I know, pathetic) so I knew I had to read the book. It was an amazing story that I was hooked to in the first few pages. The authors writing style made it interesting enough that I felt like I had climbed into the book and there I was standing next to Kate's hospital bed. It also was powerful to evoke a slight depression. I would finish reading for a bit and I was gloomy. My father and JJ were happy when I finished it for good because I was no fun to be around we there was a dark rain cloud pouring over me, and only me. I would definitely recommend the book. 
The movie, however, was slightly disappointing. It was very well done and brought me to tears oh so many times, but it was not like the book. 
So many things were missing that were a big part of the novel- including a few main characters. And the ending was completely different than the book- so much that they killed off the wrong characters. But as a whole, this was a very beautiful, emotional ride, of a film. Go see it, but don't forget the tissues.  
Yesterday- directly after seeing My Sisters Keeper- I went to the new Harry Potter movie. Wow. I really enjoyed this one. I was a bit confused at points because I have not read the books past the 4th one, but my Mother solved that problem. My favorite characters were Luna and Belatrix. Ah!! Amazing.  The way they made the crushes was so prefect and cute. My new favorite word is "snogging." :) 

Well I have nothing more to say. Its good to be home but the heat is a bit much for me. I miss my beach weather!! 

xoxo

4 comments:

Anthony said...

Oh man... I had faith in your ability to review movies Audrey!!! Especially after what you said about Sister's Keeper..... but you LIKED that trash fest Half Blood Prince?! Even WITHOUT reading the book??? My goodness... I'll never understand people.

Blonde said...

I loved Half Blood Prince too and I have read the books!

ellie said...

I was afraid that might happen with my sister's keeper. & I knew I'd cry buckets if I went.

Oh..Luna & Ron stole the show for me on the 1/2 blood Prince. & Draco just wasn't in it enough to do it justice...even if he did have his moment in the bathroom. I'm glad Tom didn't get into the Twilight saga..but he really needs to make more flicks. Like the remake of clock work orange. I know...don't ruin a classic, but something of that calibur.

simon n josh said...

I don't read Harry Potter either..good thing or I might hate the movie like my friend..who so hated the Jenny & Harry moments. She kept insisting..Jenny would never do that.

Liked your reviews.